The Workers Compensation Officer provides service delivery by ensuring benefits are remunerated and reimbursed in accordance with NSW Workers Compensation legislation and the NSW Police Act. Key accountabilities
- Provide service delivery by processing workers compensation wage claims, liaise with key stakeholders for accurate and timely data to inform claim determination and payment and submit claims for reimbursement of wages.
- Ensure claims are processed in compliance with required timeframes by maintaining follow up processes and records management systems.
- Provide workers compensation related payroll reports to management as required to inform workers compensation information requests.
- Ensure that all employee records are maintained and the outputs of each claim are correctly filed using organisational electronic records management systems.
- Investigate and correct payroll data integrity errors to enable the workers compensation claim to be completed and updated.
- Conduct analysis and audits of payroll data as required to inform wage disputes and injury management issues.
- Ensure the accurate process of workers compensation data to allow the reimbursement of wages from our insurer.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of legislation, policies and business rules regarding workers compensation claims, entitlements and reimbursements to avoid over/under payments.
- Completing time dependant payroll processing, system maintenance and workers compensation related reports within required timeframes.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: SUNDAY 17 DECEMBER 2017 at 11.59pm
- Clerk Grade 3/4
- Ongoing Full-Time
A payroll background would be advantageous in this role.
Essential requirements - applicants must:
To be eligible to apply for this ongoing role, you must meet one of the following statuses:
- Be willing and able to participate in a 4.30 pm roster and may be required to operate on days of special concession (e.g.: Christmas Eve, Public Sector holidays) and be subject to leave embargos at critical periods to deliver time critical payroll services.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply. When preparing your application:
- an Australian Citizen
- a permanent Australian resident or citizen of New Zealand
For your application to be considered, you must:
- Your application must stand on its own merits.
- If you do not demonstrate how you meet the Target Questions for this role, you will not proceed through to the Selection Process.
- The completeness and relevance of your application will determine if you are called for an interview.
Please do not attach copies of Qualifications, Certificates or documentation (other than a Resume/CV) - you can bring these if called for interview. The successful applicant will be subject to a rigorous National Police Check (criminal history check) prior to commencement and will be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance as determined by the NSW Police Force at the level appropriate to the position held and/or information/data accessed. For further information click here Applications can only be submitted electronically online via the I Work for NSW website.
- Give written responses addressing each of the Target Questions in the text boxes provide in the online Application.
- Attach a cover letter and an up-to-date Resume/CV to your application.
To download information that may assist with applying for this role click here
To view or download the Role Description click here