People & Culture Coordinator - [Archived Advertisement]
RSPCA (Victoria) (View other jobs from this organisation)
People & Culture Coordinator
About RSPCA Victoria
RSPCA Victoria is a non-government, community-based, not-for-profit organisation whose vision is ‘ending cruelty to all animals’. We are Victoria’s best-known and most respected animal welfare organisation.
Our organisation’s purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal welfare through education, advocacy, and animal care and protection. RSPCA Victoria’s values - clarity and accountability, respect and consideration, and expertise and collaboration - set clear expectations for all our staff and volunteers.
About the Role
We are currently seeking an experienced People & Culture Coordinator to join our team at RSPCA Victoria.
Reporting to the People & Culture Manager, you will be responsible for administering all of our employee lifecycle processes and providing a great service to the business in doing so!
We need someone that is process orientated, cares about the detail and is passionate about providing people with a great experience in delivering their services. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities
In this busy role, you will be responsible for:
- Performing administration processes associated with recruitment and selection, payroll, development reviews and planning and remuneration and benefits functions of the People & Culture team.
- Providing first level support and advice to employees and people leaders across all aspects of the People & Culture function (including payroll), ensuring compliance with RSPCA Victoria policies and procedures and applicable agreements, awards and employment legislation.
- Liaising with the outsourced payroll provider to ensure the delivery of timely and accurate payroll services that is in accordance with the organisations contractual and legislative obligations, including but not limited to, fortnightly payroll, taxation, workers compensation, terminations, adjustments, salary packaging and superannuation payments.
- Maintaining records on the People & Culture and Payroll systems, ensuring the accuracy of employee records and system effectiveness.
- Preparing routine and adhoc reports to inform the development of people strategies and initiatives that achieve a meaningful impact on employee and volunteer performance and engagement.
- Coordinating reward and recognition programs for employees and volunteers.
What we are looking for from you
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Business/Human Resources Management is desirable, however not essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role that requires attention to detail, strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- High level literacy, numeracy and problem-solving skills, including intermediate computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Sound knowledge of employment related legislation and practices.
- Ability to interpret industrial instruments and apply them in both a Human Resources and Payroll context.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging work environment.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Position also requires a national police check, working with children’s check, valid driver’s license and COVID-19 vaccination.
What we can offer you
- Whilst this role is primarily based in Burwood, you will have the opportunity to work from home on a part time basis each week.
- Encouraged work-life balance and a broad range of leave entitlements, including additional leave (6 days per year pro-rata), purchased leave, paid parental leave, study leave and paid family and domestic violence leave.
- Access to a range of mental health and wellbeing supportive initiatives, including confidential counselling services and education programs
- Generous discount on products and services, including Royal Canin pet food, Hush Puppies footwear and RSPCA Victoria retail and vet clinic products and services.
- Salary packaging and novated lease arrangements on offer with leading provider, Maxxia.
- We are really serious about investing in the development of our people, so you can expect to access a range of learning and development opportunities that will benefit and support you in your role.
How to apply
To learn more about our organisation and this job opportunity, please visit our website at www.rspcavic.org and download the Position Description attached to this advertisement for more details. Alternatively, please contact our Head of People and Infrastructure, Erin Dann on email@example.com
If this role is of interest to you, submit your application with your cover letter and resume, addressing how you meet the selection criteria. Applications close on Sunday, 15 May 2022.
RSPCA Victoria is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and we strongly encourage people from all cultural backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. Applicants are welcome to access RSPCA Victoria’s Diversity & Inclusion Policy here.
- Closing Date:
- 15 May 2022
- VIC - Burwood
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting & Generalist
People and Culture
Recruitment - Internal