Human Resources Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Timboon and District Healthcare Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Advisor
- Great opportunity to showcase your amazing HR generalist skills and report directly to the CEO
- Fixed term until October 2022 for Maternity leave cover, with the possibility for ongoing employment thereafter
- Flexible part time hours with competitive salary and generous salary packaging options.
About the role
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Human Resources Advisor is the principal advisor to the Leadership Group on all human resource policies, procedures and systems and how these align and support Timboon and District Healthcare Service (TDHS) strategic goals, vision, purpose and values. The Human Resources Advisor will provide and facilitate:
- Guidance and support to all levels of management and staff ensuring the effective and efficient provision of responsive, contemporary, human resources systems that reflect best practice;
- Ensure TDHS maintains and enhances the skills, capability and engagement of its workforce;
- Develop, implement and support the meeting of regulatory and legislative compliance, orientation, risk management, information technology advancement, training, practice improvement and associated policy management; and
- Lead and motivate the organisation, particularly leadership, to establish a culture of commitment to ongoing personal and professional development and to adopt the principles of continuous quality improvement.
This position is fixed term until October 2022 with the possibility of ongoing work. Hours are negotiable from 3 days per week up to full time. Terms and Conditions of Employment will be in line with Victorian Public Health Sector (Health and Allied Services, Managers and Administrative Workers) Single Interest Enterprise Agreement 2016 – 2020.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary Qualification in relevant area or equivalent experience in human resource management or related area
- Working knowledge and the ability to interpret industrial awards and enterprise agreements
- Understanding of relevant legislation such as Fair Work Australia, Discrimination and Harassment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Occupational Health & Safety, etc.
- Strong time management and organisational skills including the ability to work in a changing environment, demonstrating flexibility and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated negotiation, interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills conducive to effectively promoting collaboration across teams
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in terms of change management and organisational re-design and its application in a health service
- Demonstrated ability to guide, mentor and develop staff, deliver constructive feedback and deal with under- performance promptly and sensitively
- Staff fun days and charity fundraising
- Remote Area Housing Tax Concession for remote area dwellers
- Salary packaging up to $9,010 p.a.
- Meals and Entertainment Benefit up to $2,650 p.a.
- Novated leasing
- Access for employees and their family to the Employee Assistance Program providing emotional, financial and legal support 24/7
- Staff Car Park
How to apply/enquire
To apply, click the APPLY button now and attach your Cover Letter addressing the key selection criteria, CV and a minimum of 2 referees.
Key selection criteria are outlined in the position description which can be obtained via our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au or by contacting Rebecca Van Wollingen, Chief Executive Officer or Krystal Edwards, HR Advisor 03 5558 6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 19 September 2021
All successful applicants are required to satisfactorily clear a National Police Check (conducted by TDHS) and a National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) Check and Working with Children Check (provided by you).
TDHS is a regional multi-purpose healthcare provider, supporting the local Corangamite Shire since 1955. TDHS is situated in Timboon, which is only minutes from the Great Ocean Road and set amongst natural bushland and lush pastures. Timboon and District is widely known as a regional artisan hub and is home to the Timboon-Camperdown Rail Trail and great surfing spots and beaches, while the regional city of Warrnambool is only 50 km away.
Our team of approximately 100 employee’s service across acute, residential, community aged care and a comprehensive suite of primary care services. Our team are passionate about delivering high quality patient centred care, and always work towards continuous improvement. We demonstrate and promote a culture of ICARE which aligns with our values of Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
For more information visit our website www.timboonhealthcare.com.au.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Sep 2021
- VIC - Timboon
- Work Type: