Work Health and Safety Manager | Rail - [Archived Advertisement]
Journey Beyond (View other jobs from this organisation)
Work Health and Safety Manager | Rail
About the Business
Journey Beyond is a national business focused on bringing Australia’s unique and iconic experiences to life. Australian-owned, Journey Beyond has a growing national footprint, and is fast positioning itself as one of the largest experiential tourism businesses in the country.
Our aim is to take our guest beyond, to ignite their imagination and to transform amazing into breathtaking.
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced and outcome focused Work Health and Safety Manager as part our Rail Expeditions business, based in Adelaide. This role will be responsible for the implementation and review of the Safety Framework and Strategic plan, procedures and work practices to comply with the relevant Australian Standards, safety legislative requirements, regulations and corporate standards.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Educate Managers and Supervisors in risk and workplace safety and develop a safety focused culture
- Oversee the Advisory Safety Committee meetings, Management Safety Committee meetings and Safety Consultative Committee meetings and other project teams as directed.
- Play an active role in the Disruption and Incident Management teams.
- Coordinate the risk register and review operational risk registers and risk assessments.
- Act as the point of contact for police and other security and emergency services.
- Manage and organise the investigations into health, safety, or environmental incidents. Where appropriate making decisions on safety outcomes or providing briefing and advice to the Managing Director/General Manager and HR Manager.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Interpret safety regulations for others interested in industrial safety such as safety engineers, labour representatives, and safety inspectors.
- Coordinate the and assist in the development and reporting of the Annual Safety Performance Report and other Safety, Security or Environmental Action Plans.
- Prepare reports for the Monthly Board Report, Advisory Safety Committee Papers and as otherwise required.
- Report or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing
- Investigate and report on any Guest Safety issues, and develop plans for reducing the risk and incidence related to Guest Safety across the business in all locations
- Participate in the internal and external WHS audit function and implement and drive behavioural and legislative safety standards to improve safety performance
- Plan, organise and oversee relevant rail safety, security and WHS training for staff at all levels in conjunction with the corporate Learning & Development team.
- Prepare reports for the Monthly Board Report, Advisory Safety Committee Papers and as otherwise required
Your success in this role will be achieved through:
- Demonstrated minimum 2-3 years experience in Work Health and Safety
- Experience in Rail or like industry WHS role
- Having a in depth knowledge of all relevant legislation regulations and Work Health Safety practices
- Your proactive customer focused approach to building relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders.
- High level of computer proficiency, analytical reporting skills and ability to solve problems to make informed decisions
- Strong communication and literacy skills, be diligent coupled with a high attention to detail.
- Being highly self-motivated with the ability to quickly build effective relationships
Apply today and Let your Rail Journey begin!
- SA - Adelaide
- Work Type:
- Full Time