Human Resources Director - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort - [Archived Advertisement]
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Director - InterContinental Hayman Island Resort
Break the mould of working in a traditional hotel environment with InterContinental Hayman Island Resort. Experience the beauty of island life whilst you work, live, and explore Hayman Island and the beautiful Whitsundays.
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good. The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
As the Human Resources Director you will partner with the General Manager and the Area Director of Human Resources to bring to life and champion this people strategy. Leading the on island HR team and taking overall responsibility for HR Operations on island, you will also work with stakeholders based off island, including our HR Team and more widely within IHG. You will be responsible for all the standard things you’d expect; from driving colleague engagement and supporting the leadership team to foster an environment of productivity and high performance, to mitigating the risks associated with employee relations issues.
But in this strategic role, it will be your ability to partner with the Resort's Leadership Team, Owners and other key external stakeholders where you will truly see success. Your ability to impact and influence others in this complex operating and human resources environment will be critical to driving the people agenda, proactively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement to have commercial impact.
*Please note this role is based on Hayman Island.
What we need from you
- Experienced HR professional who has held the lead role in a complex business environment for a minimum of 3-5 years.
- Previous exposure to such a role within a hotel, resort or remote environment would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated capability around collaborating with multiple stakeholders and managing competing priorities will be essential.
- You will have a commercial lens around your approach and a track record of delivering vibrant and successful work environments through amazing leadership.
- A confident communicator across verbal and written platforms, you will have the ability to work alongside a dynamic team, coaching and leading individuals with varying capability.
- Strategic thinking, the ability to explore new ways of working and have an open mind around how we can drive the Resort forward with regards to people space as well as its commercial returns will be advantageous.
- You must also meet the legal requirements to work in Australia without restrictions.
What we offer
WORK, LIVE, EXPLORE
Are you looking for the perfect job, in the perfect location? InterContinental Hayman Island Resort invites you to work, live and explore a career opportunity that places you in the heart of The Great Barrier Reef and sees you call Australia’s most iconic private island home.
- World class Staff Facilities as part of the resort’s $135 million dollar refurbishment including excellent accommodation with twin rooms, king rooms, apartments and townhouses, a dedicated staff pool, staff beach, two gyms, bar, diner, laundry, boutique shop and more.
- An exciting and ever-changing Staff Event Calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, Pilates, group bushwalks, cooking classes, BBQ’s, markets and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development including multi-hire programs, skills training and online IHG courses.
- Access to IHGs myBenefits program which includes a wide range of benefits including leave entitlements, retailer discounts, online health and wellbeing platforms and discounts to a variety of employee, friends, and family discount rates across more than 5,300 InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties
We are proud to be IHG and we know you will be too. Visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
- Closing Date:
- 15 Oct 2021
- QLD - Hayman Island
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Recruitment - Internal
Safety and Wellbeing
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition