Human Resources Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
InterContinental Hayman Island Resort (View other jobs from this organisation)
Human Resources Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts is one of the world’s leading hotel companies with around 350,000 colleagues working across more than 100 countries. As part of the IHG team, our people help our guests create amazing memories and deliver our purpose of providing True Hospitality for Good.
The InterContinental Hayman Island Resort will immerse you in the wonders of the Whitsundays, working in a five-star luxury environment which offers amazing career growth opportunities, professional training & development and provides a one-of-a-kind experience living and working in a tropical island paradise.
Your day to day
As the Human Resources Manager, you will play a key role in supporting the execution of the people strategy and initiatives that promote retention, engagement, efficiencies, and productivity of our workforce.
The Human Resources Manager role, is a central point for our Leaders and Department heads to partner with all aspects of the business to provide:
- Strong coaching, guidance and support to the leadership team and colleagues
- Day-to-day support for department heads with team corrective performance, end to end management of the performance management cycle including performance improvement plans, disciplinary processes and internal investigations and IR coaching
- Providing coaching to our leaders on best practice performance management and execution and performance improvements process in accordance with IR/ER practices
- Visas management in conjunction with our immigration business partners,
- Workcover management and partnering to further develop sociability, culture, and conduct within the workplace and beyond
- Oversees the management of the Human Resources Administrator and Human Resources Officer
*Please note this position is based on Hayman Island.
What we need from you
This is a key recruitment role for InterContinental Hayman Island Resort. The role works in partnership with the operational HR team based on and off island, resort leadership team and IHG senior HR leadership. We are looking for an enthusiastic recruitment professional with the following:
- Degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent and or experience in similar role.
- Secondary education in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, Employment Law or related field required.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ related experience in Human Resources, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- RTW Coordinator and WHS certification is highly regarded.
- Strong understanding and execution of performance management and IR and FWA framework.
- Ability to build strong relationships, interact and influence others at all levels of the organisation.
- Strong systems and program savvy is required (Oracle MyRecruit, Kronos, Preceda).
What we offer
- World class Staff Facilities as part of the resort’s $135 million dollar refurbishment including excellent subsidised accommodation a dedicated staff pool, staff beach, two gyms, bar, diner, laundry, boutique shop and more.
- An exciting and ever-changing Staff Event Calendar filled with an abundance of recreational activities such as tennis, yoga, meditation, Pilates, group bushwalks, cooking classes, BBQ’s, markets and much more.
- Extensive career development opportunities with dedicated onsite trainers and an abundance of professional development including multi-hire programs, skills training and online IHG courses.
- A great range of employee, friends, and family discount rates across more than 5,300 InterContinental Hotel & Resorts properties.
- QLD - Hayman Island
- Generous Salary + Subsided Living Expenses
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring
Industrial & Employee Relations
People and Culture
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition