People and Culture Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Multicultural Communities Council of Illawarra (View other jobs from this organisation)
People and Culture Officer
Multicultural Communities Council Illawarra (MCCI) is a not-for-profit community organisation delivering a broad range of services, to the youth and elderly from cultural and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and also support to refugees.
MCCI, winner of Excellence in Workplace Culture, Business Illawarra Awards 2021. We value our employees who are passionate about what they do, improving everyday lives of community members. With over 100 employees and still expanding, we appreciate our team’s diversity, skills and experiences and want to continue our shared mission with a strong People & Culture (P&C) team.
What’s On Offer:
- Be part of a progressive and exciting organisation that offers you a fulfilling career within a supportive working environment with training and development opportunities
- SCHADS Award Level 3 + Not for profit salary packaging of $15,900 + $2,650 meals & entertainment per annum
- Enjoy your weekends, we operate Monday to Friday
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and energetic People & Culture Officer to join our team in this dynamic role with plenty of variety and learning opportunities. With offices across the Illawarra and ACT, you will be exposed to all facets of the employee life cycle. Your key duties will include:
- Coordinating end-to-end recruitment activities including advertisements, shortlisting, interviewing and preparation of offers.
- Coordination of induction and the on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Maintaining various employee records and tracking systems including preparing contract variations.
- Performing administrative & coordination activities across HR as required.
- Supporting implementation of projects and process improvements.
- Respond to HR general enquires.
The skills and experience to succeed in this role:
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resource or similar
- At least 2 years' experience in generalist HR role with focus on talent acquisition and recruitment
- Experience recruiting hard to fill positions highly advantageous
- Previous experience working in a culturally and linguistically diverse work force
- Excellent stakeholder engagement, relationship management and refined communication skills
- High level skills in Microsoft office including Excel to analyse workforce data and experience working with HR systems
- Demonstrated ability to be highly organised, effectively manage competing priorities, and to use own initiative and judgement
- A can-do, positive and team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work in an extremely fast paced, energetic and flexible environment
- Willingness to undertake Police check
- Fully vaccinated against COVID 19
- Driver’s licence with comprehensive car insurance
If you're looking for that next step in your career and have had some previous HR experience than we want to hear from you! Application is via SEEK. For a full position description visit our website. Enquiries to People & Culture Team - phone: 4229 7566. Applications will be assessed as they are received.
- NSW - Wollongong
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Consulting & Generalist
Recruitment - Internal