Health and Safety Advisor - [Archived Advertisement]
Cooper Energy (View other jobs from this organisation)
Health and Safety Advisor
About Cooper Energy
Cooper Energy is proud to be a net zero, ASX-listed, growing energy company taking a lead role in Australia’s sustainable future by commercializing gas, oil and other resources for domestic markets. We are the only net zero gas producer in Australia and a growing Australian offshore oil and gas production and development operator.
Our people are vital to our success. We strive to be a respected and sought-after employer. We offer an environment where our people can feel safe, included, recognized, respected, and inspired to grow and perform at their best. We provide flexibility, learning experiences and care, underpinned by real values. Our size creates opportunity to know everyone and influence across the business, take on new challenges and learn from some of the industry’s best. Our performance-based incentives include the opportunity to build equity in a business with a clear growth trajectory.
Health and Safety Advisor
The Health and Safety Advisor, based in our Perth office will be working on our BMG project on an 18 month contract basis. In reporting primarily to the Health and Safety Manager, the competencies and responsibilities for the role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Flexibility with travel to support rig activities in Victoria
- Strong safety focus through actions, supervision and training/mentoring others
- Understanding of commitments under the OPGGS Act
- Proven ability in similar roles (onshore safety advisor)
- Wharf and rigging experience – including hands free lifting and mentoring stevedores
- Ability to lead HAZID’s, audits and complex Risk Assessments
- Familiar with quality plans (inspection testing)
- Strong understanding and proven ability of working in a safety case regime (SCR, VSC)
- Lead and undertake incident investigations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Familiar with chain of responsibility duties
- Requirement to travel and obtain offshore BOSIET and CA-EBS
We will require the successful candidate to hold a relevant Engineering degree qualification in addition to 10+ years' industry experience including 5 years working with a rig operator in both onshore and offshore roles with an awareness of working in a risk environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organisation with strong values and a clear growth trajectory.
To apply, please submit your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience.
- Closing Date:
- 12 Aug 2022
- WA - Perth
- Work Type:
Safety and Wellbeing