Work Health & Safety Advisor
Ironbark Aboriginal Corporation (View other jobs from this organisation)
Work Health & Safety Advisor
Ironbark Aboriginal Corporation (Ironbark) is a not-for-profit organisation based in Darwin, Northern Territory.
We successfully deliver community, employment, and economic services to urban, regional, and remote communities throughout the Darwin Daly Region.
Our Vision is Changing Lives One Story at a Time through tailored advocacy for and development of employment services, enterprise development and business solutions.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer a positive workplace culture, close team networks and a supportive work environment. We encourage our employees to have an enjoyable and rewarding career with an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages social and cultural diversity.
- Above Award wages - $110,000 p.a. plus super
- Salary Packaging (ATO-approved way of maximising your salary by minimising your tax)
- Company vehicle
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
Reporting to the Corporate Services Manager, you will play an integral role supporting and advising Ironbark's internal and external stakeholders by promoting visible safety leadership throughout the organisation. This position is based at our Berrimah corporate head office and will be required to travel to our various sites.
To be successful in this role, you must provide evidence of your ability to work in an intercultural environment. Previous experience in a similar role with confidence in creating Safety Management Plans will be highly regarded.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in the development and implementation of and maintain WHS management system and internal audit schedules, monitor and follow up recommendations.
- Promote awareness of the Ironbark WHS Management System throughout the organisation including promoting a safe working environment
- Ensure the WHS Management System complies with the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act 2011 and the Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation Regulations) 2011.
- Conduct investigation of accidents, incidents, near misses and unsafe working conditions and ensure reporting is compliant with WHS legislative requirements.
- Diploma or higher in Work Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Australian Standards and Codes of Practice applicable to the work environment.
- Proven ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Advanced communication skills including well developed influencing, negotiation, and report-writing capability.
- Certificate IV or higher in Training and Assessment (TAE40116 - with upgrade).
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in all matters
- A knowledge and understanding of Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) principles and practices
- Successfully obtain a Working with Children's (Ochre) Card and National Police Clearance
- The ability to travel when required as per organisational requirements
- You align with Ironbark's organisational values of Commitment, Integrity, Collaboration, Courage and Respect.
HOW TO APPLY
Please click on the apply button above for this job link and you will be redirected to our eRecruitment website. You can access the position description to learn more about the role.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 11.59pm Sunday, 5th February 2023
if you have any questions please email - email@example.com
**Please note that application emailed will not be accepted**
- Closing Date:
- 05 Feb 2023
- NT - Berrimah
- $110,000 p.a. plus super
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Indigenous Employment Services