Safety Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
SecondBite (View other jobs from this organisation)
SecondBite is committed to making a positive difference in the community by sourcing quality, fresh nutritious food that would otherwise go to waste, and re-distributing it in a safe and timely manner to agencies and people in need.
SecondBite operates out of five warehouses across Australia with our Support Office currently located in Heidelberg West (although we are looking to move closer to the city in the next 12 months).
The SecondBite Values are the principles that guide how we behave and these are the basis on which our culture is built and thrives. All of our team are expected to own and live our values:
- We support each other to succeed together
- We show appreciation and acknowledge others
- We share information and communicate openly
- We make a difference
About the position
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Safety Manager who will be responsible for actively fostering a culture where health and safety is an integral part of the SecondBite culture, while taking our safety management system to the next level.
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and while a largely autonomous role you will work closely with the operations management team and the P&C department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking ownership of our safety management system
- Management of safety management software (safety culture)
- Promoting a safety-first culture at all levels of the organisation.
- Providing advice and support relating to relevant workplace safety legislation.
- Provide injury management expertise to achieve a safe return to work of injured employees.
- Identify areas of improvement and provide coaching to teams to rectify identified gaps.
- Provide support in the investigation of any hazards and incidents reported.
- Manage external relationships with Regulators.
- Identify training needs and develop/source appropriate materials.
- Maintain WHS policies and procedures.
About the person:
The successful applicant will have:
- A minimum of a Cert IV in WHS or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in the transport and/or logistics and food industries highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite.
- Demonstrated experience in managing safety management system across multiple locations Experience in successfully returning injured employees to work.
- Skilled in coaching others to achieve desired results and drive behavioural change.
- The ability to influence and negotiate outcomes.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels internally and externally.
- The ability to analyse and problem solve to identify suitable solutions.
- Experience with pre-employment medicals and drug and alcohol procedures.
- Experience developing and maintaining wellbeing programs.
- Able to travel interstate as required.
Don’t worry if you can’t tick every single box, we’d still like to hear from you if you have a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
Only applicants with a current right to work in Australia will be considered for this position, and successful applicants will be required to undergo a police check and pre-employment medical.
- VIC - Heidelberg
- $120,000 – $130,000, super + salary packaging
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring
Safety and Wellbeing