- Be a part of Australia's independent national broadcaster
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Convenient CBD location in the heart of Ultimo (near Central Station)
- Contract Vacancy for Approximately 14 Months
About the ABC
The ABC is the nation's most trusted and independent source of Australian conversations, culture, and stories. With over 4,500 employees from diverse backgrounds, located across over 50 locations around Australia and overseas, the ABC is proud to create, curate and deliver high-quality programming that informs, educates and entertains.
About ABC Audiences
ABC Audiences is the centralized marketing division, servicing brands across TV, News, Radio and Digital. Audiences is made up of a passionate group of marketing, brand, creative and audience insights specialists who have audiences at the heart of all they do. They're responsible for leading the ABC’s brand and audience strategies and work collaboratively with partner divisions to lead an integrated approach to audience insights, branding, acquisition and retention strategies, and communication.
About the Role
ABC Audiences are looking for an Insights Manager, TV and iview to play an integral role in helping the ABC put audiences at the core of what they do by partnering with ABC divisions and divisional leaders to provide research solutions and actionable insights that drive strategic decision making and audience growth.
Reporting to the Head Data & Insights, you will:
- Use a range of data sources to analyse, disseminate and report on consumption levels, behavioural insights and audience growth opportunities
- Sit at key executive meetings present results and share insights and category observations
- Use data to challenge existing content decisions and give input into strategies that engage new audiences
- Work with the Insights Manager of Primary Research on custom projects to compliment other syndicated studies and bespoke research studies
- Provide advice and technical support for a range of marketing and promo strategies.
- Be a strong voice for TV and VOD measurement needs and aid in decision making
You will be ready to take your area of expertise to the next level and drive the focus on audience outcomes. You will have tertiary qualifications in media, communications, economics, statistics or related fields as well as demonstrated extensive experience in TV and VOD analytics.
To be successful for this role you will also have:
- Proven custom research experience managing projects from end to end
- Experience using OZTAM and VPM measurement
- The ability to work with raw data and experience using visualization tools
- Experience using Nielsen Online ratings and web analytics suites to craft a succinct story from a high-volume of complex information and data
- Strong organisational skills with the proven ability to anticipate and respond to business needs effectively and efficiently
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to guide and influence others
For an overview of the role, please refer to the position description: Insights Manager, TV & iview PD.pdf
For more information on working at the ABC visit abc.net.au/careers
For further information contact Alicia Olsen- Keating on (02) 8333 2676
Applications Close: 15 March 2018
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC strives for equity and diversity in the workplace, and to promote a culture of opportunity. Through its services the ABC seeks to represent, connect and engage with all of the Australian community. In line with our focus on diversity, applications are strongly encouraged from Indigenous Australians, people from a range of cultural and linguistic backgrounds and people with disabilities. The ABC also aims to achieve a gender-balanced workforce.