We are currently looking for a People Officer to join our busy and customer-focused team on a temporary basis (11-month contract)
We are a large and fully integrated infrastructure business chartered with a responsibility that is pivotal to the success of Queensland and its people. Our culture is one based around safety and performance.
The primary purpose of the People Officer position is to advise, support and resolve intermediate HR queries while performing key administration and data maintenance tasks associated with new employee onboarding, transfers and benefits.
Core responsibilities include:
- Providing advice and support to all employees on best practice HRM in accordance with relevant policies, Enterprise Agreements and legislation
- Ensuring prompt response to phone and e-mail enquiries
- Identifying and escalating more complex enquiries to People Advisers
- Ensuring accurate and timely data capture in SAP HR, ServiceNow and TRIM
- Maintaining data integrity, data analysis and reporting activities
- Contributing to continuous improvement
The varied nature of this role requires the ability to see the bigger picture, concentrate on detail and manage transactional processes. A formal qualification within HR will be advantageous and your ability to identify and prioritise requirements in a dynamic environment will be key to your success.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have proven experience in processing a high volume of transactional activity within SAP HR and will demonstrate the below skills and attributes:
- Customer focus and strong communication skills
- Knowledge of/interest in delivering contemporary HR solutions
- Flexible approach to task allocation and the ability to prioritise workload
- High level attention to detail
- Appreciation for confidentiality and tact
- Proficient PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with SAP HR or similar (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to commit to rotating work hours of 7.30am – 4.00pm and 8.30am – 5.00pm.
Annual salary: $78,068 (pro rata) + superannuation.
In addition to a generous superannuation scheme, Queensland Rail also offers free train travel to and from work on duty days and a healthy work/ life balance.
If you can demonstrate a high level of knowledge or experience in the above criteria, please apply to position number 70422 by clicking the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5:00pm, Tuesday 10th December 2019.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Colette Brock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not email your application as we can only accept applications received via our website.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position