HR Administration Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Victoria State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
HR Administration Officer
$57,206 - $63,201 + 9.5% SUPERANNUATION (Full Time - Fixed Term - 6 months)
- Kick Start Your New Career
- Exciting Opportunity
About the State Emergency Service
VICSES is a volunteer based emergency service and as the control agency for flood, storm, tsunami, earthquake and landslide emergency, we take the lead in the preparation and response for those hazards. Under the coordination of Emergency Management Victoria (EMV), VICSES works within the broader emergency management sector, wherein all agencies and services work as one to achieve safer communities together.
This position is responsible for providing support and administrative assistance related to the required outcomes of the Directorate People and Organisation Development in all generalist HR activities ensuring the most effective utilisation of HR for the purpose of achieving strategic business objectives.
Your accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
- Enhance the ability of the People and Organisation Development Department to meet its business plan outcomes by responding to and providing efficient and effective administrative support and referring all requests and issues in a timely manner and ensure all issues are tracked and followed.
- Contribute to the People and Organisation Development Department's professional service delivery standards by administering various components of the recruitment selection, filing within TRIM, induction, secondments within and external to VICSES, higher duties authorities, position changes and promotions, including notifying other business units of the changes within a designated timeframe.
- Support the People and Organisation Development Business Partners by assisting with the planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and Human Resources policies, programs and practices that support compliance to the EBA Agreement.
- Contribute to the Business Unit's ability to provide an appropriate response capacity by assisting with project work, maintaining systems and databases, running reports and the updating of records to ensure completeness, accuracy and currency of information.
- Competent in Microsoft Suite
- Developed communication skills
- An ability to quickly grasp and understanding of the organisational culture
- Attention to detail
- Current Victorian Driver's Licence
- HR Qualifications
Closing Date: 19 September 2017
Contact: - Cathy Zammit - People and Organisation Development Business Partner on (03) 9256 9072
For Further Information and to Apply: Please visit www.careers.vic.gov.au and search for position number VG/SES61
Your application should include a covering letter that details your relevant skills and experience (maximum two pages) and an up-to-date resume of no more than five pages.
You are NOT required to submit a claim for the position that explicitly addresses key selection criteria.
- Closing Date:
- 19 Sep 2017
- VIC - Melbourne
- $57,206 - $63,201 + super
- Work Type:
People and Culture
Recruitment - Internal