Communications Manager - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Sydney (View other jobs from this organisation)
Division: CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICE
Salary: AUD 124,294 per annum plus Superannuation
Employment status: Permanent
Employment arrangement: Full Time
Location: Sydney CBD
Option to work under a 19 day month arrangement
At the City of Sydney our people are our most important asset and central to achieving our exciting and ambitious Sustainable Sydney 2030 - developing a green, global and connected city.
The Communications Manager leads the development and delivery of high quality, contemporary corporate and internal communications campaigns for the promotion and provision of information about the City's wide range of programs and services. You will be responsible for ensuring the City's diverse communities are well informed and support the ongoing positioning and enhancement of Sydney as a globally competitive and innovative city.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications or a related discipline and /or extensive experience in a senior marketing communications role within a large complex organisation;
- Excellent project management skills and experience in managing multiple projects/accounts on time and on budget;
- Advanced problem solving and decision-making ability including experience working with a diverse range of stakeholders to deliver mutually beneficial outcomes;
- Extensive experience in building and managing relationships with partners and stakeholders in both public and private sector settings;
- Strong leadership, motivational and people management competencies with experience in leading and coaching multi-functional teams of professionals in a complex working environment.
At the City of Sydney you will join a dedicated team where individual effort is part of something much bigger - delivering great things for our city's dynamic future
To apply: Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume and respond to the online application questions that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Please note the "Essential Criteria Response" field in the online application does not require you to respond or upload a document.
Please note: This role will require a Pre-Employment Health Declaration.
Position description: CLICK HERE to view or download the position description.
Applications must be made online via the City's website by 11:59pm, Tuesday 18 February 2020.
For further information contact: A/Corporate Communications Manager Angela Salt 9288 5875 (M-W) or Roxanne Macara 9246 7239 (Th-F).
Employee Benefits: CLICK HERE for more information on the benefits of working in Council.
At the City we provide equal employment opportunity. We are committed to ensuring an accessible and inclusive work environment and encourage applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Closing Date:
- 18 Feb 2020
- NSW - Sydney
- AUD 124,294 per annum plus Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time