Powerlink Queensland is the state’s High Voltage Transmission Network Provider. Powerlink, and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. With approximately 850 employees, Powerlink is committed to providing a safe, reliable and affordable network that offers our customers value for money.
1 x Permanent position and 1 x Temporary position up until 1 September 2020 available due to internal movements.
If you are passionate about providing HSE related advice, coaching and mentoring within a complex, high risk environment, this role might be for you.
As an HSE Partner, you will utilise your extensive knowledge and strong customer service skills to support business operations through the provision of high-quality HSE advice and assistance. This includes change management and HSE leadership to support business leaders in engaging their staff in the delivery of HSE outcomes while aligning with the organisational strategic direction and initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership and guidance to HSE Advisors, and contribute to their ongoing management and development;
- Engage with internal stakeholders and external contractors to provide timely information and advice on positive HSE management practices;
- Contribute to timely HSE incident investigations involving complex technical issues, including engaging with management and workers to identify and implement appropriate corrective actions;
- Provide timely, practical and pragmatic advice to Managers on HSE related matters and issues;
- Partner with a range of stakeholders to assist in the identification and assessment of HSE risks and recommend the establishment of effective control measures;
- Coordinate HSE audit functions and resources to provide technically robust and cost-effective recommendations and solutions;
- Influence, mentor and coach key stakeholders on elements of HSE management relevant to their due diligence requirements;
- Coordinate a range of HSE support functions to large scale construction projects and maintenance activities.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree level qualifications in a field of environment or safety management;
- Proven track record in providing support and advice in HSE leadership, risk management, HSE compliance and consultation;
- Extensive experience providing HSE management support to diverse operational work groups within a medium to large technical organisation.
- Strong focus on team work and continuous improvement;
- Passion for creating a high performing HSE focussed culture.
- Training and development for future career growth
- Excellent facilities, incl. free and secure on-site parking, on-site cafeteria and gym
- Attractive remuneration package and flexible work arrangements
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit an application. Applications close by 8.00pm Friday 17 January 2020. Please monitor your e-mail regarding communication on progress of your application.
Powerlink Queensland is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Powerlink’s recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.