- Exciting time to join our growing port
- Permanent, full-time position
- Enjoy a work/life balance in tropical Townsville – residential, Monday to Friday roster
The Port of Townsville Limited (‘the Port’) owns and manages the Ports of Townsville and Lucinda in North Queensland which are vital trade gateways for Northern Australia, handling around $10 billion worth of cargo each year. The Port is the country’s largest sugar, molasses, zinc, lead, copper and fertiliser port, and the largest container, general cargo and automotive port in Northern Australia.
This is a unique time to join the Port, with Stage 2 of the Port expansion now underway. The $232 million Channel Upgrade project is the Port’s largest infrastructure investment to date. The project involves widening of the Platypus and Sea channels to allow access for larger commercial, cruise and defence ships.
We offer many benefits. Our Health and Wellbeing Program includes free annual flu vaccinations and skin checks, Fitness Passport and access to special private health offers. We also provide an Employee Assistance Program to employees and their immediate family members and offer Flexible Working Arrangements, making this a fantastic family friendly career opportunity.
THE POSITION AND YOU
The People and Culture Officer will assist the People and Culture team with providing operational human resources and administrative support, including preparing offers of employment, coordinating the onboarding and induction process for new starters, maintaining employee records, coordinating work experience placements, data entry, reporting and general administrative duties commensurate with the level.
You will also act as the main point of contact for schools and universities, students and internal hosts for work experience and internship programs supported by the Port, coordinate the position evaluation process and assist with other People and Culture projects and programs as required.
To be successful in the role, you will require:
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in providing broad administrative support to a busy unit, with experience supporting a HR function advantageous
- National police check
- Current Queensland C class Driver’s Licence (desirable)
- Previous experience maintaining accurate electronic and hard copy records management systems
- High level verbal and written communication skills coupled with a strong customer focus
- Process oriented with strong organisational and planning skills to effectively manage a busy and varied workload with often competing priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Proven initiative, innovation and self-motivation to work independently, balanced by the ability to work as part of a small, busy team
- High level of confidentiality, diplomacy and sensitivity in dealing with confidential documents and information
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite
- Experience working with Human Capital Management (HCM) systems (e.g. TechOne, SAP, Chris21)
Further details on the position can be found in the Position Description.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- Click apply and follow the prompts
- You will need to attach your current resume and a cover letter to your application
Applications close COB Sunday 3 July 2022.
For initial enquiries, please contact email@example.com
Port of Townsville Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.