Talent Acquisition Specialist - [Archived Advertisement]
Cochlear Limited (View other jobs from this organisation)
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Cochlear’s mission is to help people hear and be heard. Around the world, more people choose a Cochlear-branded hearing implant system than any other. Our employees tell us that the number one reason they enjoy working for Cochlear is the opportunity to make a difference to people’s lives. Learn and grow with us as we tackle the most complex challenges in helping people to Hear Now. And Always.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Talent Acquisition Specialist to support end-to-end recruitment across specific Cochlear departments & geographies. Reporting to the Manager of Global Talent Acquisition, the successful Talent Acquisition Specialist will be based in our Sydney Office and have the chance to engage with a variety of cross-functional hiring managers to understand their technical and digital talent requirements and hiring priorities. The successful candidate will also have the exciting opportunity to work on fantastic recruitment projects and broader People & Culture initiatives.
- Lead end-to-end recruitment activities within the IT space across a global organisation.
- Create and implement innovative sourcing strategies to acquire the best technical & digital talent.
- Act as an advocate of our company values, working on cutting-edge digital strategies to raise Cochlear’s profile.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand their talent requirements, business models and strategic priorities.
- Create effective partnerships with Talent Acquisition colleagues and the broader Global People & Culture team.
- Provide consultative advice to hiring managers on appropriate candidate selection and evaluation techniques, ensuring an overall effective hire.
- Collaborate cross-culturally with key retained and contingency search firms, as well as relevant professional industry groups and associations.
- Work on fascinating recruitment projects to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the recruitment function.
You Bring Your Skills and Experience
As we grow our operations, we are looking for people who share our passion for delivering quality hearing solutions to our customers. To add value to Cochlear in this role, you'll be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Solid IT or Internal Talent Acquisition Experience is highly regarded
- Minimum of 5 years recruiting experience in a corporate environment or agency/search firm role
- Experience recruiting a variety of roles and candidates, including at senior-level
- Initiative and drive to add value to our current recruitment process.
- Ability to pipeline talent with an in-depth knowledge of direct sourcing techniques to uncover passive candidates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong customer focus
- Agility and ability to manage complex, time-dependent deliverables in a fast paced environment
- Experience in leveraging 3rd party vendors such as shared service functions, or contingent/retained search firms
- Strong affinity to systems and experience with a broad range of recruitment tools (eg. PageUp)
In turn, you will have the opportunity to work across a diverse, challenging and rewarding organisations. At Cochlear, your career will be making a real difference to the lives of the hearing impaired. You will also have the unique opportunity to expand your capabilities in recruitment through regional and global career progression pathways.
Working for Cochlear:
Cochlear is the global leader in the research and development, manufacture and marketing of implantable hearing solutions. Cochlear’s global headquarters is located on the campus of Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia to enable links to world leading hearing science research. A success story in the commercialisation of R&D, Cochlear has over 60% share of the global market, employs more than 3,500 people worldwide, operates directly in over 20 countries and sells in over 100 countries. Over 475,000 people across more than 100 countries now experience hearing as a recipient of a Cochlear hearing solution. Cochlear can offer:
- The Work - A high impact job supporting world leading technology
- The Organisation – A global leader in active implantable medical device hearing technology
- The Opportunity – To make a difference to the quality of people’s lives
As a world-leader in innovative medical devices, Cochlear encourages continuous learning for employees. Visit www.cochlearcareers.com for more information.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a covering letter detailing your suitability for this role. All applications will be considered and qualified candidates will be contacted.
- Closing Date:
- 28 Jun 2019
- NSW - Sydney
- Work Type:
- Full Time
People and Culture
Recruitment - Internal
Workforce Planning/Talent Acquisition