Employees subject to an ECP consolidation period are ineligible to apply for this position.
Total remuneration package valued at $158,735pa (including salary $143,209pa, annual leave loading and employers contribution to superannuation). Salary packaging arrangements providing additional benefits are also available.
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
- The successful applicant will be appointed under the terms and conditions of the Health and Community Employees Psychologists (State) Award and will be required to enter into the Performance Development Program.
- The successful applicant may be required to undertake duties at the other centres should the need arise.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory conduct and service check, which includes referee/supervisor check, a review of National Criminal Record Check, review of Service Check Register, a review of sick leave, ability to undertake full duties of the position and clearance from the Professional Standards Unit.
- Applicants must address the selection criteria, attaching any associated documents together with their resume. Candidates who do not address the selection criteria will not proceed through the selection process.
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies.
- Please ensure you use your work email address so eRecruit can identify that you are internal to NSW Ambulance and/or NSW Health.
- It is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online via e-Recruit. No paper based or email applications will be accepted.
About Us: http://www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au/about-us.html
The Chief Psychologist provides clinical supervision and manages a team of Senior Psychologists who are located within operational management teams around the state and deliver post incident trauma support, short-term solution-focused counselling, wellbeing and welfare checks and educational programs to NSW Ambulance staff. The Chief Psychologist also manages the external Employee Assistance and Psychological Services (EAPS) contract.
The Chief Psychologist is the clinical expert within NSW Ambulance in the field of psychology, working as part of the NSW Ambulance Healthy Workplace Strategies Team. The position is expected to provide expert advice and support to managers, educators, and others to promote the wellbeing and support of staff at NSW Ambulance.
The position uses research skills to analyse problems, design intervention strategies, and to monitor and evaluate program outcomes.