Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Classification: Snr Admin Assist Gde 3
Remuneration: $70,591.87 - $72,346.63
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ132163
Applications Close: Wednesday, 16 October 2019
What you'll be doing
In order to support the changing priorities of the People & Culture Directorate, HR Officers will rotate through all sections of the Directorate undertaking a range of human resources related functions and activities including recruitment, human resources, learning and development, healthy workplace strategies and human resources reporting.
As the first point of contact for a range of People & Cultures clients, the role of a HR Officer is to provide effective and timely administrative support for a range of functions within People & Culture requiring flexibility and adaptability and the ability to learn new functional activities and concepts quickly, ultimately becoming familiar with the key duties of administrative requirements within the identified sections.
While activities undertaken in each section will be directly aligned to the work within the specific section, duties may include the use of Microsoft Office to generate a range of documentation, clerical support, use of associated People & Culture Software programs to enter and maintain records and reporting, liaising and obtaining information relevant to recruitment and staff movement processes, documentation and file management including use of TRIM and Stafflink, training coordination, database and Stafflink maintenance and photocopying.
This is a temporary full time position for a period for up to approximately 12 months with possible extension. Expected start date is ASAP. As this is a temporary appointment you will be provided with one months’ notice if the appointment is to cease prior to this date.
Total remuneration package valued at $80,190.12pa (including salary $70,591.87pa to $72,346.63pa annual leave loading and employers contribution to superannuation). Salary packaging arrangements providing additional benefits are also available.
This role is located at NSW Ambulance State Headquarters, Rozelle.
Please respond to the following targeted questions located in the questionnaire section of the application (max 4000 characters including space)
Outline your skills, knowledge and experience relevant to providing HR services in a complex professional environment, including how you prioritise competing demands?
Describe the skills and personal attributes you would bring to a role in order to support and provide diverse HR services including recruitment, in order to achieve business objectives and assuring compliance?
- The successful applicant will be appointed under the terms and conditions of the Ambulance Service of NSW Administrative and Clerical Employees Award and will be required to enter into the annual Performance Development Program.
- The successful applicant may be required to undertake duties at the other centres should the need arise.
- Appointment to this position is subject to a satisfactory conduct and services check, which includes referee/supervisor check, a review of National Police Check and review of Service Check Register. A review of sick leave, ability to undertake full duties of the position and clearance from Legal, Regulatory & Professional Standards will be conducted for employees of NSW Health and NSW Ambulance.
- NSW Ambulance employees subject to an ECP or ICP consolidation period are ineligible to apply for this position.
- Completion of NSW Health Mandatory Training courses is a mandatory requirement for all NSW Health and NSW Ambulance employees applying for this position.
- Applicants must address the Targeted questions, attaching any associated documents together with their resume. Candidates who do not address the selection criteria will not proceed through the selection process.
- An eligibility list may be established for future vacancies.
- Please ensure you use your work email address so ROB can identify that you are internal to NSW Ambulance and/or NSW Health.
- It is a requirement that all candidates submit their applications online via the Recruitment and On-Boarding system. No paper based or email applications will be accepted.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Lisa Daly on Lisa.Daly1@health.nsw.gov.au or on 0407 837 762
It is the responsibility of all staff to report and respond appropriately to any instances or perceptions of bullying. Managers are required to implement actions that either prevent or minimise the risk of unacceptable behaviours, ensuring unacceptable behaviours such as bullying, harassment and victimisation are identified as early as possible and responded to and effectively managed.
NSW Ambulance is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, refugees, people of diverse genders and sexuality, and people with disability.
If you are an Aboriginal person and wish to obtain more information about applying for a role within NSW Ambulance, please contact our Aboriginal Employment Coordinator, Callista Bryan, on (02) 9320 7644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to discuss any accessibility requirements in relation to your application, please contact our Diversity and Culture Advisor, Joe Wasuruj, on (02) 9320 7339 or email@example.com.
About Us: http://www.ambulance.nsw.gov.au/about-us.html