Banyule City Council is an award-winning organisation that prides itself on a customer-focused culture of innovation, best practice and continuous improvement.
People & Culture adopt an internal business partner approach where the team works in partnership with business units providing a range of services including occupational health and safety, workforce wellbeing initiatives and risk management.
As a Safety & Wellbeing Advisor your key responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Safety & Wellbeing - Support the organisation in developing and implementing Safety and Wellbeing programs that promote an effective OH&S culture and a proactive approach to the identification, management and prevention of risks
- Compliance - Implement strategies to manage Council’s compliance with all applicable Legislation, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Banyule Council Safety Framework - Drive and deliver effective implementation of the Safety framework, Safety & Wellbeing Strategy and Safety System
- Contractor Management - Assist Service Units to apply sound contractor OH&S practices, in alignment with Council processes, guidelines, legislation and industry practices
- Out of Hours- As part of this role, some duties may need to be performed on an "on-call" basis
- Degree qualifications and/or significant experience in safety and wellbeing or related field
- Proven safety and wellbeing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to build awareness, capability and engagement around safety in order to establish a positive safety culture
- Ability to set timeframes and achieve goals
- Experience in developing and implementing safety and wellbeing initiatives
- Demonstrated Safety Management System experience
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Ability to undertake incident investigations
- Salary range $86,182.74 - $93,696.04 plus 10% super
- Permanent full-time position. 38 hours per week plus monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Greensborough Location
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, to contact Lara McNally, Senior Business Partner, Tel: 94904284for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Monday, 2 August 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.