- Drive and facilitate business improvement
- $112K - $126K + Super
- Full Time / Monthly RDO
- Ref no: 17890
Moreland City Council is a progressive community focused organisation striving to be more efficient and effective by ensuring that any activity is value adding by nature. With a strong local economy and a diverse range of services our business is evolving and looking to be a leader within the Continuous Improvement space.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Project Management Coordinator, City Infrastructure, you will drive continuous improvement with the City Infrastructure (CI) business. Our CI business includes Capital Works Planning and Delivery, Open Space and Street Cleansing, Roads, Fleet and Waste Services, Amenity and Compliance and the Project Management Office and provides a combination of strategic and operational services.
You will partner with the business to help shift the culture to one that embraces continuous improvement and focuses on understanding, documenting and improving the business. Key to your success in this role will be your ability to build broad relationships and partnering with leaders and teams to solve problems with tangible outcomes measured.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM THIS ROLE
- Proven experience in continuous process improvement
- Excellent business analysis skills and experience
- The ability to identify business improvement opportunities through ongoing measurement of performance
- Experience in driving Process Owners to achieve measurable improvements in process performance
- Ability to facilitate improvement workshops and meetings as required utilising relevant techniques
- Experience in six sigma or similar lean methods
- Knowledge in PRINCE2/PMBOK or similar
- Strong process mapping and documentation experience
- Executive level presentation skills
WHAT THIS ROLE CAN OFFER
- Monthly RDO
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary sacrifice options
For further information please contact Glen Hickey on 9240 1277
Applications close: Sunday 7th July 2019
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.