- Work for one of the most dynamic and diverse inner-city councils
- Full time temporary position to April 2021
- $87K – $95K + Super
- Ref No: 18189
Moreland City Council is located in the inner northern suburbs of Melbourne and is one of the most populous and culturally diverse municipalities. Located in Coburg, Moreland City Council is just 8km from the CBD and offers excellent public transport and cycling access for employees.
The Communications Unit is responsible for effectively communicating and engaging with the diverse community and stakeholders of Moreland in relation to Council services, projects, activities, achievements and values, through various channels. You will work as part of a dynamic team to coordinate internal communications that connect employees to Council’s principal strategies and enhance organisational culture; and deliver corporate communications to promote the work of Councillors.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- In collaboration with the Strategic Communications Coordinator and the Chief Executive Officer identify corporate issues and events suitable for corporate communication through a variety of internal channels.
- Develop content and promote the work of Council and events, with focus on the activities of the Mayor and Councillors, through internal and external channels including printed publications, social media and the media.
- Liaise with Council officers to ensure Councillor Connect News content is accurate, relevant and targeted to Councillors’ needs.
- Maintain Councillor Connect News as an effective communications conduit between the Mayor, Councillors and senior Council officers.
- Assist in the production of the Council Plan and Annual Report and provide written content for the Council Plan and Annual Report.
- Provide communications support for corporate, human resources and organisational development projects (including leadership development projects, internal awards and the culture survey).
- Identify emerging and critical issues locally and at Federal and State Government levels that impact on Council and brief the Strategic Communications Coordinator.To
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in communications, journalism or a related discipline and/or a lesser qualification with substantial experience in the field of communications
- Experience in a communications role in a large organisation
- Extensive experience in writing, editing and proofing complex documents
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills
- A demonstrated ability to build relationships and gain trust.
- Experience using a range of digital publication and content management systems
What this role can offer:
- Extensive opportunities for training and career development
- Salary-sacrifice options
- A real sense of work-life balance
- Employer-supported study assistance schemes
For further information please contact Jenny Hay on 9355 4228.
Applications close: 5pm, 4 March 2020 and interviews will be scheduled on 10 March 2020
To apply and obtain a position description please visit our website.
Moreland City Council is proudly diverse and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Moreland City Council is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child abuse.