About the role
Reporting to the State Manager – Workers Compensation, you lead an experienced claims management teams and deliver business on business objectives through taking a strategic approach to claims management.
What you’ll be doing
On a day-to day basis you’ll be demonstrating strong leadership and working towards reducing workers compensation liabilities and managing reputational risks for our business.
- Develop, mentor and lead a high-performing and cohesive team that is enthusiastic, strategic, efficient and outcome-focused who consistently demonstrate the Coles LEaD behaviours
- Develop a thorough understanding of each Business and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders to manage claims effectively, reduce liabilities and reputational risk
- Engage and provide trusted advice to our Businesses to minimise the current and future claims’ risks
- Build team capability in understanding drivers of successful return to work claims management and implement strategies to ensure the team achieve strong return to work outcomes
- Assist in develop and continuously improve operational claims management and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Good things you’ll need
We are looking for a passionate leader with demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and developing high performing teams. You will also need significant experience within workers compensation claims management.
You’ll also need
- Understanding and ability to coach on relevant claims management processes (e.g. determination of claims benefits, rehabilitation principles, health and claims management systems)
- Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, conflict management and resolution skills
- A qualification or certification in a health or business-related field will be highly desirable.
We’re committed to making this a great place to work, from day one. From flexible working arrangements to discounts across all our internal brands (including 5% off at Coles supermarkets!), there are plenty of reasons to love working here. Explore all this and more at our Coles Careers website.
For everyone who shares our passion
We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support accessibility needs – so reach out to us at www.careers.colesgroup.com.au > Careers for everyone > Disability employment.
We’d love to meet you
If you have the skills, experience and motivation to succeed in this role, please take the next step and submit your application.