Employing 22,000 people across the globe Fonterra is the world's leading dairy nutrition company. Across Australia Fonterra collects around 2 billion litres of milk annually from our Australian farmers. This milk is made into the many Fonterra dairy foods that generations of Australians have grown up with and love, including Perfect Italiano™, Mainland™, Western Star™, Bega™ and Anchor™.
Reporting through to the GM Health, Safety & Wellbeing; we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health, Safety & Wellbeing Manager to join our Bayswater team on a 9 month contract.
You will be a key member of the Site Leadership Team and will provide ongoing safety leadership, coaching and support to all operations, warehouse and administrative teams onsite. Key to success will be your ability to monitor site HSW performance and continuously improve and drive safety & wellbeing initiatives, culture, systems and processes to ensure a reduction in incidents and associated costs.
Extra key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development of Bayswater’s HSW strategy
- Facilitating the HSW A3 implementation and driving these initiatives across the plant site
- Undertaking incident Investigations and supporting the implementation of corrective actions
- Implementing our HSW management system across the site through training and coaching of teams
- Leading and facilitating the business to achieve demonstrated continuous improvement onsite
- Facilitating H&S committee meetings
- Conducting bow tie reviews and risk assessment
- Adhering to global KPI’s by ensuring all audit actions are reviewed and closed out by their due date
- Subject matter expert in ‘manual handling’
- Supporting claims management activities
You have a relevant Tertiary qualification in OHS or equivalent andu bring solid practical generalist experience in a Health, Safety & Wellbeing Management role from either a Manufacturing, Warehouse, Distribution industry or equally from a large complex blue chip environment.
Critical to your success will be your ability to influence, lead and inspire Health, Safety and Wellbeing practices and continuous improvement initiatives at a Site Leader level as will be your ability to motivate and enhance workplace culture. You will also have:
- Trained in Root Cause Analysis and ideally exposed to ICAM
- Experienced in Implementing HSW management systems and achieving certification to ISO standards
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- HS&W performance analysis and reporting skills
- Solid experience in managing event, injury and return to work management
If you meet the above requirements and looking for your next challenging yet rewarding role than Fonterra is for you!
For more information on this role, please contact Craig McDonald our Senior Talent Partner on (03) 8541 1120 for a confidential discussion or simply apply now!
Be at the forefront of dairy nutrition – join us today.