Work Health and Safety Officer - [Archived Advertisement]
Taronga Conservation Society Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
Work Health and Safety Officer
- Amazing opportunity within a friendly supportive team
- Full time temporary 2-year contract
- Taronga Conservation Society Australia Salaried Award, Clerk Grade 2/3, starting base salary $70,151 plus superannuation and annual leave loading
- Located on beautiful Cammeraigal Country at iconic Taronga Zoo, Mosman
Looking to secure a shared future for wildlife and people?
Taronga is looking for an experienced, driven and motivated Work Health & Safety Officer who is interested in joining a leading organisation in conservation, education, animal management and transformational guest experiences.
Taronga Zoo officially opened in October 1916, with Taronga Western Plains Zoo officially opening in February 1977! We believe in a shared future for Wildlife and People. Taronga is working in partnership with wildlife conservation organizations and communities to develop ways to protect species and habitats. Taronga. For the Wild!
Our employees enjoy generous employment conditions including:
- Complimentary family and friends passes
- A wide range of discounts on our award winning accommodation
- Discounted food and beverage purchases across the site
- Reduced rates for other services including animal encounters
- To discover more about the benefits of working at Taronga, please visit our website here.
We value diversity…
Taronga is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, culture, religion, language or personal circumstances.
Taronga is also committed to building on the perspectives, experience, knowledge and skills that this diversity brings to our organisation.
About the role…
The WHS Officer is part of a small team who provide health and safety advice and guidance to our teams at both Taronga Zoo. In this highly rewarding role, your focus will be to build a solid relationship with internal stakeholders to ensure they are well supported to complete their relevant key performance objectives and that they comply with the day-to-day operational requirements of the safety management system. The role is responsible for timely, accurate and effective information support and administration in relation to a range of WHS activities.
No two days will be the same! You’ll work closely with our Wildlife teams, our asset management teams, our events and commercial operations and many more. You’re not limited to one industry; at Taronga you’ll learn an array of skills which could lead you to a fulfilling role in work health and safety or business administration.
- Develop engaging and informative monthly statistical health and safety reports for your key stakeholders
- Research topics to develop relevant stop4safety and toolbox talks
- Create and communicate WHS related information for our internal social media platform
- Drive the completion rate of targeted safety lead indicators through stakeholder engagement and data management
- Coordinate training and health monitoring while and maintain the compliance requirements of training needs analysis relevant to the WHS legislation, role descriptions and industrial awards to ensure compliance training requirements are met for relevant roles.
- Coordinate the training and health monitoring
- Manage the administration of the emergency response plan
- Any other identified administration duties and support to the WHS team
We are looking for candidates that have/are willing to:
- Relevant experience in WHS and or risk management and a related qualification is highly regarded.
- Highly competent in administration using Microsoft excel, word and power point
- Strong written and oral skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Sound data analysis and reporting skills
- Excellent administration and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships to actively reinforce and promote a positive safety culture across the organisation
Closing Date: 26-Jun-2022
- Closing Date:
- 26 Jun 2022
- NSW - Mosman
- $70,151 base salary plus super
- Work Type:
Data and Analytics