At Vodafone, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do to give Australians more choice and freedom to connect the way they want.
As our new Health and Safety Administrator, your role is to provide administrative and communication support to our health and safety team enabling the team to achieve team objectives and promote health and safety across the organisation. You’ll also be coordinating the successful return to work of injured workers by working with our HR team, case managers, insurers and specialists.
Based in our North Sydney office and reporting to the Head of Health and Safety you will support Vodafone in the implementation, monitoring and review of health & safety policies and procedures. You will assist with ensuring that Vodafone develops and maintains safety governance structures within the facilities and retail teams.
Some of you key responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate the workers compensation policy renewals process for all employees.
- Manage and liaise with agents, approved rehabilitation providers and key stakeholders on matters relating to injury management, occupational rehabilitation and return to work.
- Ongoing support and advice to teams across Vodafone to ensure best practice and compliance with policy and legislative requirements regarding return to work.
- Participate in workers compensation case management reviews.
- Early intervention (such as ergonomic assessments) for circumstances that may lead to an employee injury.
To be considered for this role, you should ideally have a minimum of 2 years operational HR experience, preferably within work health and safety. Excellent working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint is highly advantageous in this role and you should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Successful candidates should have excellent attention to detail with the ability to analyse and interpret data identifying trends. You should also be able to demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and integrity and be flexible, proactive, self-motivating and work autonomously and as part of team.
With Vodafone, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a flexible, diverse and inclusive workplace where hard work is truly rewarded. You will have access to fantastic benefits as part of a global company, including generous leave policies, leadership development programs and opportunities to grow your career. You’ll be faced with loads of variety where no two days are ever the same in a collaborative work space that helps drive innovation.
The future is exciting. Ready?