City of Darwin is a major employer in Darwin employing approximately 350 employees. It operates from the Civic Centre in Harry Chan Avenue, four public libraries and service depots in the northern suburbs and in Bishop Street. Our organisational values are customer service, accountability, respect, excellence and solidarity (CARES) and these values are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community.
The Diversity Complaints and Mediation Officer will report to the Executive Manager People Culture and Safety and develop, implement and review strategies that support diversity and minority groups and provide mediation and employee complaint management for the organisation.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective EEO initiatives that promote the maintenance of a harmonious work environment;
- Serve as facilitator and apply mediation to resolve management and employee disagreements, conflicts and misunderstandings;
- Assist in the development and implementation of succession planning for employees across the organisation with a focus on developing women and minority groups; and
- Develop, implement and review a Diversity and Aboriginal Employment Strategy and Action Plan.
This position has a strong focus on setting the business up for rapid growth plus improving the performance of the business through their people. To be successful in this role you will need:
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in a similar role within a medium to large organisation;
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing, writing and managing funding grant applications;
- High level competency in written communications including strategies, plans, training packages, policies and procedures; and
- Demonstrated experience and/or accreditation in mediation (desirable).
This is a unique opportunity for a savvy Human Resources professional to drive positive change and be a part of a growing team transforming a high performing business through its people.
Applications close 5pm Monday 17 December 2018
For enquiries regarding this position, please contact People Culture and Safety on 08 8930 0689.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available from https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/ For more information on the City of Darwin www.darwin.nt.gov.au
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer