City of Darwin is a major employer in Darwin employing approximately 350 employees. It operates from the Civic Centre in Harry Chan Avenue, four public libraries and service depots in the northern suburbs and in Bishop Street. Our organisational values are customer service, accountability, respect, excellence and solidarity (CARES) and these values are displayed in the way we work and in everything we do to service the Darwin community.
The Executive Coordinator will be responsible for providing high level confidential, efficient and professional administrative and executive support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Prepare and coordinate as required, responses to correspondence and emails on behalf of the CEO.
- Liaise, communicate, negotiate and consult to further the CEO's agenda and priorities and maximise capacity to deliver the Council and organisational objectives.
- Provide necessary support to facilitate the promotion of Council's position on significant issues to politicians, government agencies and other influential individuals or groups.
- Contribute to the development and application of processes that enhance the professional reputation of Council.
- Under the guidance of the Executive Manager Corporate Services, set the work standard and processes for the Executive Assistance pool.
In this influential role you will liaise effectively with all levels of staff within the department and external organisations, to assist in the day to day operations. To be successful in this role you will need:
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in providing professional, advisory, research and administrative support services to a Chief Executive or similar executive level position in a medium-large complex organisation.
- High level secretariat experience with the ability to undertake research and analysis and the ability to draft complex correspondence, briefing papers and reports.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and community engagement skills to ensure effective collaboration across multiple stakeholders.
- Applied knowledge of and proficiency in administrative and organisational systems and processes, combined with the ability to develop and implement continuous improvements.
- Demonstrated political acumen with proven discretion and judgement in dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
Applications close 5pm Monday 18 February 2019
For more information regarding this position, please contact Human Resources and Safety on 08 8930 0647.
Information on this positon, the position description and to submit an application is available from https://careersatthetop.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications addressing the selection criteria and accompanied by a resume should be submitted through our recruitment system prior to the closing date.
As part of Council's recruitment process, successful applications will undergo pre-employment assessments, which may include a medical.
City of Darwin offers six weeks annual leave, district allowance, salary sacrifice options, and the opportunity for continuous professional development and learning.
Chief Executive Officer