Established in 1960, the Australian Road Research Board (ARRB) is a national interest, applied research organisation. We are the enablers of next-generation development of transportation, across Australia and globally.
We seek to attract world-class experts to add to our existing pool of intellectual excellence. We want the best of the best to join us in our vision; to drive innovation to deliver an adaptable connected future for all Australians. We are growing our intellectual base by building our capacity in fields of critical importance to the road and transport industry, recognising that there are some significant emerging challenges that require deep thinkers, who can provide solutions to complex problems.
As one of our team, you will work alongside internationally recognised experts, and assist in the discovery and creation of new innovations as part of our journey and mission.
ARRB is a dynamic and vibrant organisation providing exciting opportunities for people to do great things, to tackle the big research questions, and to see the fruits of that research being practically applied.
In March 2018 ARRB will be relocating to 80a Turner Street Port Melbourne where we will operate within a contemporary workplace with multi-disciplinary teams and highly evolved skills. Here, innovation can be fostered and nurtured, enabling true collaboration.
About the role and you:
We seek an accomplished and capable Payroll Officer to join our finance team of 8 people. You will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer and will work closely with the Senior Financial Accountant and Human Resources department.
Our Payroll is processed on a fortnightly basis, so ideally you would be available on a Monday and Tuesday during pay week (in addition to other days/times). The position is approx. 24 hours/week and flexibility exists with the other hours you work, so please stipulate your availability in a covering letter to support your application.
In this position you will:
• Calculate and complete fortnightly payroll for all permanent and a large percentage of casual staff (including salaries, superannuation and group tax)
• Monitor and audit leave entitlements on a regular basis
• Coordinate all payroll reports and reconciliations with both the Finance and Human Resources departments
• Conduct month end and end of financial year payroll processes.
We seek an individual who has:
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in payroll in a medium sized organisation (including dealing with casuals, shift workers, overtime etc)
• Proven experience with payroll processing and pay runs, superannuation, employee master file, terminations and time & attendance
• Exposure to Sage MicrOpay Software for Australian payroll would be an advantage
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail.
What we offer:
An exciting, dynamic and collaborative workplace with challenging roles, where your skills, knowledge and experience will be recognised and respected, including:
• Opportunities to contribute to high-profile and interesting projects
• A healthy work-life balance, with flexible arrangements for accruing time off
• Strong support for career development and further study
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program
• Access to paid parental leave
• Potential salary packaging benefits available
• Additional leave days over end-of-year holiday period
• Free parking and barista on site!
To be considered:
Please press the "APPLY" button in this job advertisement. Alternatively, for a confidential conversation, please contact Human Resources in Melbourne.