State People & Capability Manager - NSW / ACT - [Archived Advertisement]
Target Australia (View other jobs from this organisation)
State People & Capability Manager - NSW / ACT
Who are We?
At Target, our customers are at the heart of everything we do. Our quality fashion helps families live better by making it easy to love, easy to find and easy to buy online and in-store. We are focused on delivering products that truly excite our customers with quality that endures and making life just a little bit easier for families.
What will you do?
We have an exciting opportunity available within our People & Capability Team for a State People & Capability Manager – NSW / ACT. In this role, you will partner with our state store teams to develop and deliver key people initiatives to support the overall business strategy.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Develop the State HR and Safety strategy that aligns to the wider HR and business strategy
- Work collaboratively with Target Store Support Office teams to deliver key People & Capability initiatives and projects
- Work collaboratively with the State Leadership Team to build internal succession plans, identifying business critical roles and development opportunities to minimise external recruitment and increase retention
- Ensure line managers across NSW / ACT are provided with required support to assist with the resolution of workplace relations matters, including Grievances, LTIW and conduction workplace investigations
- Own the induction, coaching and development to create a high performing team with clear measures, development plans and support mechanisms
- Lead the Target vision, strategy and values within the team and across the organisation and support the business to embed the values so they are lived and breathed by all team members, everyday
What do we need?
The ideal candidate will have a tertiary qualification in Commerce, Human Resources or other relevant field along with at least 10 years Generalist HR experience in a high volume, fast paced environment. Demonstrated capability in developing HR strategies and plans that are aligned to the business strategy is essential as is good experience in leading and managing a team of experienced People & Capability Business Partners along with demonstrated ability to lead and deliver projects, well-developed knowledge of workplace relations principles and the ability to work with a diverse range of people at all levels of the organisation.
But we don’t just look for someone based on their skills and experience, our people work together and champion the Target values and behaviours. We are a business where our values and people matter, and we need like-minded people to join us!
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Talent Acquisition Team.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Coaching and Mentoring
People and Culture