Safety, Health and Wellbeing Leader - Facilities Management - [Archived Advertisement]
Woolworths Group (View other jobs from this organisation)
Safety, Health and Wellbeing Leader - Facilities Management
- Influence and challenge the organisational approach to Safety, Health & Wellbeing
- Hybrid role - Work from home, Office or from in stores
- Full time permanent opportunity
Welcome to Woolworths 360
We're the national team of 1,000 bright minds designing, developing and innovating the retail stores of the future across construction, operations, sustainability, data, refrigeration, and everything in between. United by a passion for bringing fresh food and great experiences to our customers every day, our ‘Best in, Better out' mentality guides our decisions and puts customers at the heart of all we do. Every day we're reimagining and reinventing our stores, innovating new fulfilment processes, and developing simpler, smarter and more sustainable solutions to future proof our network and fight for a healthier planet.
What you'll experience
Our Team Members are at the heart of everything we do and we're always looking for ways to support your career journey and reward great work:
- A progressive and flexible ‘work from anywhere' policy that gives you control over your work, life and wellbeing.
- Team discounts across our range of Woolworths Group brands you know and love and a robust rewards program that celebrates and incentivises purpose-driven work.
- A global business with endless career possibilities around every corner and across every discipline - with valuable exposure to a vast and exciting business network.
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + laptop + phone.
- A range of programs to help you prioritise and manage your wellbeing, including a competitive leave policy and 24/7 access to the Sonder app.
What you'll do
The purpose of the role is to develop, drive and deliver the safety, health & wellbeing ("SH&W") roadmap in alignment with the W360 and Woolworths Group SH&W Strategy. This covers the full spectrum of the asset management lifecycle, facilities management across all support locations, the exponentially growing Proactive Services business unit (covering cleaning and trolley collection) and critical incident response.
This is a highly visible leadership role and critical to demonstrate and help drive the overall Woolworths Group purpose and SH&W ambition. The role will be a sitting member of Senior Executive leadership team/s, and form part of the extended Safety, Health & Wellbeing leadership team. It will navigate and manage operationally and functionally complex environments, with integration of multiple businesses and teams that are diverse, and sometimes conflicted in nature, scope and objectives.
The role will see you:
- Develop and deliver the 3-5 year safety, health & wellbeing (SH&W) roadmap and annual plans in alignment with the W360 and Woolworths Group SH&W Strategies
- Promote purposeful SH&W engagement and active leadership through providing the right guidance, coaching and tools, along with being a "trusted advisor"
- Maintain and/or support a strong governance & assurance program that provides the right insights on the effectiveness of critical and key controls to manage fatality and serious injury
- Build capability in others, including SH&W teams and operational business teams
- Lead or oversee SH&W incident & emergency management, along with investigations into health & safety events
What you'll bring
You'll bring a strategic and agile mindset and a Customer-oriented thinking to a promising role with room to grow your career in the safety space and beyond. You would also:
- At least 10 years work experience within Health and Safety, with at least 6 years + attained in asset and facility management lifecycle roles in complex multi-faceted organisations
- Previous management experience (min 5 years) incl leading direct & indirect reports
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Safety or direct related field
- Strong knowledge and experience of asset and facility management from a Health and Safety perspective
- Strong verbal and written communication including presentations
Everyone belongs at Woolworths Group
We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are key to realising our purpose of better together for a better tomorrow. We recognise the value our team's diversity brings to our business, our customers and our communities, and that teams with diverse experiences and backgrounds enrich our group and are better able to innovate and solve problems. As one of the largest employers in Australia and New Zealand, we aim to create a truly inclusive workplace where everyone feels that they belong, can be their best self and reach their full potential.
We encourage all candidates to apply, please let us know in your application if we can support you with any adjustments in the hiring process.
See how we're creating better experiences together, for a better tomorrow
Discover more opportunities with Woolworths Group.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences - for our customers and for each other.
We'd love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au #LI #work180..
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Environmental Health and Safety