Cricket has been Australia’s favourite sport for over a century now. And as the central administrative body for the great game, it’s the people who work at Cricket Australia who make that happen.
You can play your part too.
If you are an experienced WHS professional who is passionate about the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of people, then this is an amazing opportunity to join Cricket Australia as our WHS Manager. This role will be responsible for developing, implementing and driving WHS initiatives and projects across the organization in accordance with the Cricket Australia WHS Strategy.
Specifically, you will be responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders across CA and the states and territories to improve and embed WHS Practices. Develop safety related communications plans, and advise and support managers on appropriate strategies and activities to foster a positive WHS culture and safe work practices.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with stakeholders to develop strategies and practices to prevent workplace fatality, injury, disease and ill health.
- Provide WHS specialist advice and support to Cricket Australia and the State and Territory Associations (as required).
- Undertake and contribute to risk management programs related to WHS risks.
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure operations and activities are undertaken in accordance with relevant WHS laws, Codes and Standards.
- Management of National Workcover insurance coverage and legislative compliance, and provide return to work and injury management support.
- Identify requirements, plan and implement WHS training
- Review WHS performance data to identify risks, emerging trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Take the lead on reporting on organisational WHS performance improvement programs including internal audits and reviews.
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Tertiary WHS/OHS Qualifications, preferably post graduate.
- Certified OHS Practitioner or Professional preferred.
- Significant relevant experience, preferably in a national WHS role, or equivalent.
- Understanding of national WorkCover legislation and the WorkCover Claims, Injury Management and Return to Work Process
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build positive relationships and influence behavioural change
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of WHS Management Systems.
- Knowledge and experience working in sport or major events.
The work we do at Cricket Australia stretches across the sporting and entertainment industries - which means there are all kinds of opportunities for bright-minded, passionate and friendly people.
Cricket’s a sport for all Australians and Cricket Australia’s a workplace that reflects that. Your age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or religion won’t impact whether or not you’re part of the team. It’s your drive to do great work that’ll help you shine.
At Cricket Australia we work flexibly, and extensive employee benefits including, salary packaging, gym access and discounts with our corporate partners.
Ready to see what you can do? Then apply now - we are looking forward to meeting you.
Applications close Monday 5th August 2019 at 12pm noon.
Please click the 'Apply Now' button below.