As one of the Australia’s largest providers of human resources solutions, Chandler Macleod has a proven track record of unleashing potential in people and companies. For over 40 years Chandler Macleod’s recruitment business has connected leading-edge projects and employers with outstanding business professionals.
Chandler Macleod and our Client are Equal Opportunity Employer's and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Our client is looking for a Senior Workforce Capability Officer to work at our federal government client.
The Assistant Director will develop strategies related to management of the National Redress Scheme workforce requirements and capabities. They identify, analyse and monitor the current and future workforce needs and develop strategies to close the gaps between the two states.
This role exercises a considerable degree of independence and undertakes a leadership role in the National Redress Scheme Branch, with work being performed under the broad direction of senior management. They manage detailed programs and projects and develop and manage relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside the Branch and department.
Duties may include some or all of the following.
- Conducts environmental scans and labour market research
- Undertakes demand and supply analysis
- Analyses workforce gaps and risks and identify strategies
- Develops workforce planning tools, templates and guides
- Works closely with Directors within the Branch and the department’s HR management team and other stakeholders to develop strategic workforce plans
- Manages job analysis and design functions to support workforce planning activities and review organisational structures to improve business outcomes
- Sources, assesses, on-boards and supports labour hire and departmental staff to work in the National Redress Scheme Branch
- Leads and support operations including monitoring business performance, setting priorities, and managing resources and workflows
- Provides leadership to a team, including performance management, coaching, mentoring, monitoring work processes and capability development
- Applies research, analysis and problem solving skills to develop innovative solutions to meet clients requirements
- Develops and maintains stakeholder relationships and networks including representing business area at meetings and other workplace events
- Makes significant contribution to innovation, changes in workplace practices and business improvement
- Exercises delegations in accordance with legislation and guidelines.