About Public Transport Victoria (PTV)
Public Transport Victoria (PTV) is a statutory authority that acts as a system authority for all public transport and an advocate for public transport users. We are a single contact point for customers wanting information on public transport services, fares, tickets and initiatives. PTV aims to improve public transport in Victoria by ensuring better coordination between modes, facilitating expansions to the network, auditing public transport assets, promoting public transport as an alternative to the car.
To put this in perspective:
- We have a hand in over half a billion trips across the public transport network annually
- We facilitate 1.6 million trips a day
- We move hundreds of thousands of people around the state daily
In practical terms, we move people towards many of life's most meaningful experiences, whether it be work, education, social engagements, play, or Melbourne's key attractions (e.g. Australian open, AFL games, Royal Melbourne show... take your pick). When masses of people need to get from point A to point B - know that PTV has played a role. While our core business is public transport, we are also working toward a much bigger, longer-term and impactful agenda. We are contributing toward Victoria's liveability and economic development.
While we are continuing to learn and improve, we do in-fact pull off some pretty amazing things. So, If contributing toward Victoria's future excites you, take this ad as an invite to come and work with us.
About the role
The Safety Performance Manager is responsible for providing safety assurance through the relevant franchise agreement and related contracts. This role ensures that PTV is informed and complying with the relevant safety duties under the transport safety legislation. The role will work closely with Franchise Operator Management Division of PTV to achieve this purpose.
What we're looking for
Essential (must have to be considered for the position)
- Significant experience in the development, management or continuous improvement of safety management systems in relation to the Public Transport Network.
- Proven experience in leading safety audits within the public transport environment.
- Proven ability to contribute to high level policy and strategy development particularly on matters affecting safety.
- High level conceptual and analytical skills with the ability to identify and analyse complex issues and risks. Respond to new and emerging issues and implement innovative and robust solutions to achieve strategic outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely provide authoritative expert advice and present information, ideas and/or concepts through comprehensive reports and documents.
Desirable (will be well suited to the role)
- Public transport operational knowledge across Bus, Train, Tram and Ferries.
- Understanding of Victorian public transport entities and their roles and responsibilities
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering or a related field or extensive experience in a similar role.
How to apply
Please click the ‘Apply Now' button below. Your application must include a cover letter and separate resume (MS Word compatible). For further information about the role, please refer to the attached position description and capability framework documents. If you have any questions specific to the role, please email email@example.com
Applications close 11:59 P.M. Wednesday, 27 June 2018.
Emailed applications will not be accepted.
Unsolicited recruitment agency applications will not be accepted.
Public Transport Victoria is committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and supports diversity and flexibility. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.