- Do you have qualifications in HSE and looking to take the next step in your career?
- Utilise your skills and experience in risk management
- Join our team at CSIRO in a role that makes a difference!
We are seeking a motivated individual to provide high quality support to the Oceans and Atmosphere Business Unit. As a Risk and Compliance Advisor on our team, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with HSE procedures, assessing operational risks, identifying and implementing efficiencies in HSE procedures, and internal business unit reviews/audits.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Developing strong trusted adviser relationships with stakeholders in the Oceans and Atmosphere Business Unit in the area of risk and compliance management.
- Acting as Business Unit/s Radiation Safety Officer; engage with and guide scientific staff, and liaise with the CSIRO Radiation team to ensure compliance with ARPANSA regulations.
- Facilitating regulatory compliance and consistent processes around chemical, biological and biohazard management across a number of CSIRO (Oceans and Atmosphere) sites and circumstances (including PC2 and QC labs).
- Ensuring staff and managers understand their responsibilities and accountabilities, and have appropriate training in relation to HSE and associated regulatory and compliance requirements.
Location: Hobart, TAS
Salary: AU $78K to AU $88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 2 years
To be successful you will need:
- A relevant Degree or higher in HSE and/or a relevant scientific discipline, and/or equivalent relevant experience, such as in risk regulatory management.
- A current and valid driver's licence and the ability and willingness to travel inter- and intra-state as required.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and managing the regulatory environment in a research organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in risk management in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and deliver relevant HSE and risk management training and associated materials for staff and managers.
For more details about this exciting opportunity click on the position details link: Position Details
At CSIRO we invent the future. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Our solutions make a difference to industry, people and the planet. As Australia’s national science agency we’ve been pushing the edge of what’s possible for almost 90 years. Today we have thousands of talented people working across Australia and internationally. Our people work closely with industry and communities to leave a lasting legacy. Collectively, our innovation and excellence places us in the top ten applied research agencies in the world. We Collaborate to Innovate.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.
How to Apply: To apply for this position you will be required to submit your resume and cover letter, as one document, highlighting your experience as relevant to the role requirements.
Applications close: Tuesday 18th July, 2017 (11:59pm AEST)