- Are you a trusted HSE Advisor, able to provide support to managers and staff?
- Do you have energy and passion to influence positive HSE improvement across a diverse and complex hazard profile?
- Don't miss this opportunity to work for CSIRO HSE, apply today!
The HSE Advisor will work effectively with local staff to deliver high quality HSE support and service on site. This role is the first point of contact for staff, both in responding to their requests for support and for delivering initiatives designed to prevent injury, illness and environmental harm. If staff do experience injury or illness, the HSE Advisor liaises with the Rehabilitation and Injury Management Team and HR staff as required.
Specifically you will
- Develop strong trusted advisor relationships with CSIRO Agriculture and Food staff across the site/s to support the identification and control of HSE risks and the consistent application of CSIROs HSE procedures.
- Proactively network with site staff to identify opportunities for HSE improvement and communicate these opportunities to the CSIRO Agriculture and Food HSE Manager.
- In consultation with CSIRO Agriculture and Food HSE Manager, lead the delivery of HSE improvement initiatives across the site to reduce the potential for injury, illness and environmental harm.
- Support the drive toward One CSIRO by providing advice and support that is consistent with CSIRO procedures and internal best practice and by identifying opportunities to share best practice across work groups.
- Actively participate in your team, promoting innovation and best practice, being flexible and adaptive in responding to the requirements put forward by the CSIRO Agriculture and Food HSE Manager.
- Strive for “Zero Harm” (physical and psychological) – actively promote a positive safety culture through communicating positive behaviours and promoting safety leadership.
Location: St Lucia, Queensland
Salary: AU $59k to AU $75k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 1 Year Specified Term
To be eligible for this position, you will need:
- Demonstrated ability to provide workplace Health Safety and Environment advice to staff in a research environment
- Ability to deliver outcomes gained through relevant tertiary qualifications and/or strong knowledge of HSE legislation and standards with demonstrated work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop trusted advisor and strong client relationships which foster networks to deliver HSE initiatives whilst contributing positively to a team environment.
- Sound knowledge of Safety Management Systems and the correlation with legislation, Risk Management Plans and Safe Operating Procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and consider the implications of a range of available alternatives in order to select the most appropriate response to HSE problems of a familiar or recurring nature.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to put forward ideas by presenting factual information supported by data, definitions, examples, illustrations or other aids, which will assist in conveying meaning.
- Willing and able to travel across locations within South East QLD on occasion.
Who we are: The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today - for our customers, all Australians and the world. We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
How to Apply: Please upload one document only that includes both your cover letter and CV/Resume, ensuring that you provide enough information relevant to this position to enable the selection panel to determine your suitability for this role. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position Details
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, 20 July 2017.