Are you looking for a role that allows you to contribute to a good cause – promoting the work of an organisation that is leading the way in creating Australia’s data-driven future?
Do you want to work with the nation’s best data scientists and engineers to promote ground-breaking research and technologies, and tell the story of their impact for Australia and the world?
CSIRO’s Data61 is Australia’s largest innovation network. We’re only one year old and already a major force in Australia’s digital revolution.
We have a friendly and inviting team, a supportive culture, and a fast paced and dynamic environment. There are lots of opportunities to trial new ideas and approaches in this role.
As Media Relations Advisor, you will be responsible for:
- Building and maintaining relationships with journalists
- Planning and executing targeted integrated campaigns
- Developing relationships with internal stakeholders
- Responding to issues of the day and pitching thought leadership ideas
- Providing strategic counsel on issues management and messaging
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Five+ years of experience working agency side or in-house in public relations
- Demonstrated experience pitching to the media, writing media releases and achieving coverage
- Experience building relationships with different media
- Exceptional written skills and experience writing editorials and guest articles
- Tertiary degree in communications, journalism or marketing, or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects
Location: Eveleigh (Sydney) New South Wales
Salary: AU $78K to AU 88K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Ref No: 40401
We recommend that you view the Position Details for this role before preparing your application – Position Details
CSIRO’s Data61, Australia’s leading data innovation group, is a business unit within CSIRO formed from the merging of National ICT Australia and CSIRO’s Digital Productivity group. We’re experts in data science, engineering and design. Every industry is becoming data-driven and, as a result, industries are undergoing rapid transformation. This presents a huge opportunity for Australia to create new ways of working that are underpinned by data-driven science and technology.
We operate as a network and partner with government, industry, universities and start-ups to create Australia’s data-driven future.
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit one document incorporating a resume and covering letter that best demonstrates your motivation and ability to meet the requirements of the role. (uploaded under "Resume/Cover Letter")
Applications Close: 11:59 PM AEST, Sunday 24th of September 2017
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you.