- Are you a highly motivated payroll or HR professional?
- Are you experienced in interpreting HR policy in a complex environment?
- Don't miss the opportunity to work with the HR Serivces Team at CSIRO!
In CSIRO, Human Resource (HR) Services is the first point of contact for CSIRO staff who have general HR enquiries. HR Services manage the administrative aspects of the employee lifecycle, from issue of employment contracts, onboarding of new starters, implementation of pay variations, administration of leave, allowances and other conditions of service and payroll using SAP and other systems.
As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of payroll processes and staff entitlements, including salaries, leave, allowances and superannuation. You will be involved in a wide variety of tasks ranging from routine payroll processing through to tasks involving a high degree of complexity, all requiring a high level of payroll knowledge in order to deliver quality advice and service to CSIRO staff.
Find out more by viewing the full position description and selection criteria here: Position description
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Undertake end to end payroll processing and record keeping with a need for accuracy, precision and a high level of attention to detail
- Proactively provide feedback and input to ongoing process improvements
- Provide prompt, quality advice and service to clients with a customer first focus.
- Work as an effective team member, to manage relationships and work purposely and effectively with others
- Interpret policy and apply accurate policy advice.
- Identify process improvements and assist in the development of procedures to continuously improve customer service, ensure low error rates and provide early resolution of problems.
- Work proactively as part of a team, to carry out administrative tasks and provide personal assistance, under the general direction of senior administrative staff.
Location: Black Mountain, ACT
Salary: $61K - $78K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Indefinite, full time (part-time/job share may be considered)
To be successful you will need:
- Demonstrated experience in end to end payroll processing and the interpretation, application and provision of sound practical advice relating to conditions of service to staff at all levels
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to interpret and communicate complex information in order to resolve customer enquiries
- Demonstrated commitment to deliver customer service and continual improvement in service delivery
- Effective communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to relate to staff and external providers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in, and contribute to, a team environment
- Effective organisational and time management skills with the flexibility to manage a range of concurrent tasks with conflicting deadlines
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: To apply, please provide a CV as well as a cover letter addressing the selection criteria in brief, and upload these as one document. If your application proceeds to the next stage you may be asked to provide additional information.
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEST, Friday, 15th June 2018