- Can you partner with staff & positively influence HSE culture at CSIRO?
- Are you seeking your next challenge in a fast paced & complex environment?
- Apply today & join the team at CSIRO HSE in this organisation-wide role!
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) partners with all levels of the organisation, coaching and influencing to make safety personal. They provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture.
CSIRO are currently seeking an experienced HSE Manager, reporting to the Executive Manager – HSE Business Partner, who will be responsible for the consistent delivery of HSE activities and initiatives for all business units across all regions of CSIRO. Your ability to positively influence CSIRO’s line management and HSE advisors will result in positive, consistent HSE outcomes, aligned to broader organisational goals.
Your duties will include:
- Drive and support the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy through technical leadership and communicating, coordinating and facilitating the consistent delivery of CSIRO’s strategic HSE activities.
- Enabling the delivery of HSE priorities and initiatives, with a focus on consistent practices embedded across the organisation and influence positive, consistent HSE outcomes.
- Lead and implement HSE projects to enable strategic outcomes and improvement.
- Build and maintain strong, proactive partnering relationships with key site leaders and staff and external stakeholders through developing knowledge and understanding of unique HSE needs across the organisation.
- Guiding, supporting and empowering HSE Advisors to develop solutions to complex and challenging HSE issues in partnership with relevant workgroups.
Location: North Ryde, NSW
Salary: AU$109K to AU$128K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 58098
To be successful, you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or greater than 5 year’s demonstrated experience in HSE management within large or complex organisations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HSE legislation, codes of practice and standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to build and lead high performing teams, establish work priorities and share resources to deliver high quality and timely outcomes.
- Experience in working closely with other HSE teams to leverage skills and efficiencies.
- Ability to influence and persuade other HSE teams, business and external stakeholders on potentially contentious issues.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: Please apply for this position online at https://jobs.csiro.au/ and enter requisition number 58099. You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications close: Wednesday 15th August 2018