- Can you interpret medical advice & develop return to work programs?
- Are you seeking your next challenge in a dynamic & complex environment?
- Apply today & join the team at CSIRO HSE in this organisation-wide role!
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) partners with all levels of the organisation, coaching and influencing to make safety personal. They provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture.
CSIRO are currently seeking an experienced Injury Management Advisor, reporting to the Health, Wellbeing and Injury Manager, who will be responsible for providing case management support to ill and injured employees. Your ability to offer expert rehabilitation advice and coaching to staff will drive improvements in rehabilitation and return to work outcomes along with increased injured worker satisfaction.
Your duties will include:
- Developing solutions to complex and challenging Injury Management issues in partnership with relevant work groups.
- Planning and delivery of proactive rehabilitation, return to work and injury management strategies to improve return to work rates.
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with injured employees, line managers, HR managers, HSE team members and other internal stakeholders.
- Providing expert injury management advice and return to work support by identifying barriers and developing strategies to overcome them.
- Collaborating with medical practitioners and rehabilitation providers to ensure a common goal is worked towards.
Salary: AU$80K to AU$95K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Job reference: 58093
To be successful, you will need:
- A relevant tertiary qualification, such as an allied health discipline; or greater than 5 year’s relevant claims/rehabilitation experience or workplace relations experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in interpreting medical advice and developing return to work programs.
- Ability to understand stakeholder priorities as well as leveraging and contributing to HSE teams in the design / delivery / implementation of communication strategies.
- Proven experience in leading and participating in ongoing knowledge transfer across the HSE team and with stakeholders through coaching and fostering open communication.
- To collaborates with other teams across HSE and specific stakeholders to build the desired culture, with the ability to adapt to changing environments and challenges.
Before you apply, please view the full position details and selection criteria here: Position description
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate.
At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to Apply: You will be required to upload one document only containing both your CV/Resume and cover letter, outlining your motivation and suitability for the role.
Applications close: Wednesday 15th August 2018