- Launch your HR career at CSIRO, Australia’s premier scientific research body
- Bring your existing knowledge and further develop strong generalist HR skills
- Work as part of a professional team supporting our digital researchers at Data61
As a CSIRO Human Resources (HR) Officer, you will develop your generalist HR skills as a member of the Data61 HR team. You will provide support to staff based at a number of locations across Australia by delivering high quality HR advice, assistance and coaching. As part of the HR team, you will be involved in several HR projects and provide support to the HR Manager with Business Unit activities.
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to work with HR professionals from other Business Units on HR projects that are currently underway. You will find success in being a team player, who builds productive relationships with a variety of stakeholders to deliver the group’s strategy. In addition, the ability to undertake research and analysis and provide a proactive response with practical and positive solutions is critical, as well as high level collaboration and communication skills.
Specifically you will:
- Provide advice and support to line managers and staff on a range of HR related issues.
- Support performance management processes.
- Work closely with line managers to support recruitment processes.
- Work closely with the HR Manager on the development and implementation of business unit initiatives.
- Build and maintain the commitment of staff and management to workplace inclusion and diversity.
- Build strong relationships with HSE colleagues and support HSE policies and practices.
- Support and implement enterprise and Business Unit change management initiatives as required.
Location: Sydney, NSW preferred (Canberra will be considered)
Salary: AU $62k to AU $79k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 2 year term
Job ref: 58764
As a minimum requirement, you will hold relevant tertiary qualifications in Human Resources, or a related discipline and/or have relevant work experience. You will also have:
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and consultative skills, and a history of professional behaviours.
• Knowledge and experience in a range of HR issues gained through tertiary qualifications or work experience.
• Sound operational experience, adaptability and problem solving skills.
• The ability to independently achieve work objectives and successfully prioritise competing demands.
• The ability to work within and effectively support geographically dispersed teams.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Thursday 18 October, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.