- Help develop strategic objectives for Data61, Australia’s leading data innovation group
- Draw on your HR experience in complex multi business organisations
- Ensure consistency between HR management activities & CSIRO strategy
As a Senior Human Resources Advisor (SHRA) with CSIRO, you will play an integral role in a team of HR business partners working with senior executives and line managers across the organisation. Your primary responsibility will be to provide support in the development and implementation of a range of human resource strategies, as well as delivering high quality advice, assistance, coaching and mentoring to all staff.
You will contribute to a small team delivering a wide range of people strategies and support to Data61 including workforce planning, change management, performance improvement, local learning and development initiatives, as well as coaching managers and staff with specialist needs on performance, career and talent management strategies. As part of this role, you will ensure that HR management activities support the CSIRO Strategic Plan as well as HR Strategy.
Specifically you will:
- Contribute to the development of business strategy and plans.
- Develop and communicate an agreed direction and priorities for HR in the Business Unit.
- Build strategic relationships to ensure the Business Unit has high quality HR strategies and practices.
- Advise and support senior managers on a range of highly complex and sensitive HR, organisational development and employee related issues.
- Work as part of the Sector HR team and the broader HR community in CSIRO on a range projects
Location: Sydney, New South Wales
Salary: AU $97k to AU $105k per annum, plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: 12 month term (maternity leave backfill)
Job ref: 58763
As a minimum requirement, you will hold tertiary qualifications in human resource management, organisational development or business management (or an equivalent qualification) and/or have extensive knowledge of and experience within a human resources environment. You will also have:
- The ability and willingness to undertake regular interstate travel.
- High-level communication, negotiation and influencing skills, and a history of professional behaviours.
- Experience contributing to the development and implementation of strategic business and HR objectives within a complex multi business organisation.
- The ability to influence, advise and support leaders on a range of complex issues.
- Experience supporting and contributing to a dispersed management team and successfully implementing HR priorities within the business.
- Effective problem solving and team skills.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce - CSIRO
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
How to apply: Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you will also be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications close: Thursday 18 October, 2018 (11:59pm AEST)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.