- Are you highly motivated with experience in designing and delivering Face to Face and blended learning programs?
- Apply your L&D expertise to help CSIRO to address capability building challenges
- Progress your L&D career in this exciting opportunity at CSIRO
CSIRO L&D team supports a suite of face to face and technology-enabled programs and initiatives designed to build awareness and skills both individually and at the team and organisation levels. We are currently transitioning to a more technology-enabled learning environment.
As a Learning & Development Consultant, you will lead and contribute to programs and initiatives, providing an exceptional learning experience for CSIRO employees, teams and leaders. Working in a fast paced, complex and ambiguous environment, the Consultant will be involved in designing and implementing learning experiences to meet organisational objectives. The role will require effective customer engagement, both face-to-face and virtual, a consideration of change management and marketing principles. Collaborating with subject matter experts to creatively and agilely design, deploy, and evaluate face to face and technology-enabled learning solutions.
Your duties will include:
- Under limited direction, use your Learning and Development expertise to lead a range of initiatives, or be responsible for a number of projects, with independence of action within the L&D team, achieving results through the use and allocation of available resources, within constraints determined by team leaders.
- Projects may include contributing to the creation of a Data Science and Digital Literacy Curriculum, Early Career Researchers development pathway, Leaders Induction project
- Initiatives include the transition of existing face-to-face learning programs into a blended delivery approach
- Assessing and interpreting learning and development needs and developing learning interventions and resources to address needs.
- Designing, planning, and facilitating tailored, engaging and impactful learning initiatives within a project team.
- Applying systematic evaluation methodologies to determine a program or intervention’s effectiveness.
- Selecting external partners to co-design and facilitate face to face and/or digital and blended development programs using an approach which includes designing specifications, sourcing proposals, and interviewing candidates.
- Developing specifications, issuing Request for Quotes (RFQ), interviewing prospective external providers, and coordinating the contracting process and contractor relationships to ensure effective provision of learning and development services to CSIRO.
Location: North Ryde NSW, Clayton VIC, Dutton Park QLD or Black Mountain ACT
Salary: $97,276 to $105,269 plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 24 months with possibility of extension
Ref no: 58935
To be considered you will have:
- Appropriate qualifications in Adult Learning, Psychology, Social Science, other relevant discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in instructional design, facilitation, deployment and evaluation of learning experiences (blended, virtual and face-to-face) for a range of audiences in a professional setting.
- Experience using various technology to deploy scalable and effective learning solutions (for example, social learning platforms and webinars).
- Experience managing conflicting priorities and projects in fast-paced, often ambiguous settings with competing time, stakeholder demands and audience requirements.
- Proven team player with a track record of collaboratively achieving work objectives and shared goals to provide high quality outcomes, seamless service and create a positive team culture.
- Ability to create and sustain impact-focused relationships with senior leaders/executives (including coaching, Facilitating and influencing)
- Willingness and ability to travel interstate
Before applying please view the full position details and selection criteria: Position Description
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Find out more Balance
We imagine. We collaborate. We innovate. At CSIRO, we do the extraordinary every day. We innovate for tomorrow and help improve today – for our customers, all Australians and the world. We do this by using science and technology to solve real issues. Diversity is the compass that navigates our innovation. We provide an inclusive workplace that respects, values and actively pursues the benefits of a diverse workforce.
How to Apply: : Please load one document containing your CV and a brief cover letter which outlines your experience as relevant to the role and your motivations for applying (Maximum 2MB). At the end of the online application process, you may be required to respond to some screening questions.
Applications Close: Thursday 1 November, 2018