- Lead and empower a resilient, customer focussed team
- Build a strong culture of continuous improvement
- Join CSIRO HR Services and really make a difference!
In the role of Human Resources (HR) Services Team Leader, Salary and Entitlements, you will play a critical role in supporting CSIRO’s strategy to develop an agile, flexible and innovative support services team. With a view to providing seamless service delivery to our clients, we aim to improve the way we do business, our systems and processes. Over the next four years we will equip our staff to be resilient and outcome-oriented, supporting the growth of an innovative, safe and inclusive culture. You will build a high performing team to deliver collaborative working relationships within and outside the HR Services team.
Reporting directly to the HR Services Executive Manager, you will be an integral member of the HR Services leadership team and have responsibility for all aspects of employee lifecycle management. Broadly, your team will be responsible for:
Organisational management in SAP,
Staff and affiliate salary and entitlement transactions, and
The provision of expert advice on relevant HR procedures.
You will standardise and streamline business processes and systems using enabling technology, and provide a broad range of customer support services. Designing reporting specifications and integrating service centre practices, you will build a culture of customer service and continuous improvement within the HR Services function.
Your duties will include
- Making an active contribution to the leadership team and development of ‘best practice’ across all areas of responsibility.
- Development of a high performing team with an emphasis on flexible, agile practices and knowledge sharing.
- Developing strong relationships with HR Services colleagues and other stakeholders to improve processes.
- Monitoring compliance with CSIRO policies and promoting a safe and inclusive culture.
- Building a customer focused, continuous business improvement culture.
- Delivering on service level agreements, driving process improvement and ensuring a high standard of customer service.
- Actively training and developing the team to increase technical expertise.
Location: Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
Salary: Market competitive salary negotiable
Reference No.: 59562
To be considered you will hold qualifications relevant to Human Resources, Business Administration and/or financial management, or have equivalent work experience and technical knowledge appropriate to the role.
You will also have:
- High-level communication and interpersonal skills, and a history of professional behaviours.
- Evidence of a current national police check or ability to obtain.
- Experience in a leadership team, with a focus on continuous business improvement and optimal flexibility within legislative constraints.
- The ability to foster a culture characterised by a strong customer focus.
- The ability to effectively build, coach and develop a high performing team.
- The ability to build strong relationships to successfully deliver outcomes.
To see all the criteria required for success in this role, click on the ‘Position Details’ link below. Apply today!
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment - CSIRO
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your motivations for applying.
Sunday 20 January, 2019 (11:59pm AEDT)
We reserve the right to withdraw this ad prior to the closing date.