- Are you an experienced HR Advisor looking for a new challenge?
- Can you provide an outstanding HR contribution in a complex organisation?
- Support CSIRO's Oceans and Atmosphere Business Unit in this key role!
As a Senior Human Resources Advisor with CSIRO, you will play an integral role in a team of HR business partners working with senior managers, research, engineering and support staff, and line managers within the CSIRO’s Oceans and Atmosphere Business Unit.
Your primary responsibility will be to provide support in the development and implementation of a range of human resource strategies, as well as delivering high-quality advice, assistance, coaching and mentoring to all staff.
To be successful, you will be able to show a high level of knowledge and evidence of outstanding human resource contribution within a complex organisation.
Your duties will include
- Building strategic relationships with leaders to ensure that the Business Unit has high-quality HR strategies and practices which are implemented and complement research strategies in relation to activities across the entire employee lifecycle
- Liaising with clients to determine their needs including tailoring solutions to potentially conflicting requirements.
- Advising and supporting leaders on a range of highly complex and sensitive HR, organisational development and employee-related issues including industrial relations.
- Undertaking HR transactional tasks as required, including SAP updates and searches, report preparation and electronic filing.
- Working as part of the Sector HR team and the broader HR community in CSIRO on a range of strategic and improvement projects.
- Contributing to CSIRO wide HR initiatives and/or projects instigated by HR Strategy and other areas of CSIRO.
Location: Hobart, Tas
Salary: AU$97k - AU105k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 3 years
To be successful you will need
- Tertiary qualifications in human resource management, organisational development or business management (and/or have extensive knowledge of and experience within a human resources environment.
- Experience contributing to the development and implementation of strategic business and HR objectives within a complex multi-business organisation.
- Knowledge and significant experience in a range of HR issues including enterprise agreements, staff development and succession planning.
- The ability to influence, advise and support leaders on a range of complex issues.
- Superior interpersonal, coaching, negotiation and consultative skills coupled with the ability to form productive relationships with leaders and managers.
- Excellent problem solving and team skills.
- To consent to a National Police Check.
- The ability and willingness to travel interstate as required.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 13 January 2019