- Do you have significant experience in HSE Management?
- Lead and implement HSE projects to enable strategic outcomes & improvement
- Use your experience to help the CSIRO HSE Team deliver a one-CSIRO HSE culture!
CSIRO’s Health Safety & Environment (HSE) is seeking to appoint a HSE Manager for its ACT/SA/WA region.
You as the successful candidate will be responsible for proactive partnering, coaching and positively influencing CSIRO’s operational line management and HSE advisors. You will work to improve CSIRO’s safety and wellbeing culture, the position facilitates the alignment of HSE goals to broader organisational goals.
The person appointed will need to lodge a National Police Check (CSIRO will reimburse all costs associated) and receive clearance before commencing.
Your duties will include
- Drive and support the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy through technical leadership, communicating, coordinating and facilitating the consistent delivery of CSIRO’s strategic HSE activities across regions and multiple operational sites to cultivate a consistent and organisational approach to HSE.
- Lead and implement HSE projects to enable strategic outcomes and improvement.
- Build and maintain strong, proactive partnering relationships with key site leaders and staff, Executive Management HSE Business Partners (EM HSE BPs) and external stakeholders through developing knowledge and understanding of unique HSE needs across the organisation to enable the delivery of HSE priorities and initiatives, with a focus on consistent practices embedded across the organisation.
Location: Negotiable – Canberra, Adelaide or Perth
Salary: AU$111,663 - AU$130,848 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified term of 12 months
To be successful you will need
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or significant experience (~5+ years) in HSE management within large or complex organisations.
- Demonstrated collaborative leadership skills – utilising collective leadership skills to create connection across all teams within the HSE function and with other stakeholder teams; including the ability to share and utilise team resources to provide seamless, organisational approach to the delivery of the HSE strategy.
- A history of building and leading high performing teams, establishing work priorities and sharing resources to enable delivery of high quality and timely outcomes.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Applications Close: 20 January 2019