- Join CSIRO - Australia's Premier Science and Technology Research Organisation
- Immerse Yourself in an Inclusive Culture
- Use your Skills and Make an Impact on CSIROs HSE Outcomes!
CSIRO are seeking to appoint an experienced Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Advisor to deliver HSE services regionally, and provide technical and practical HSE support to research staff, affiliates, leadership teams, corporate citizens, operational managers, and other stakeholders. This role is focussed on delivering consistent education, training, regulatory advice and solutions to the organisation that will improve regional safety and enhance personal accountability for safety. This position is part-time (0.6 Full Time Equivalent).
Your duties will include
- Supporting the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy through the planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across the CSIRO sites
- Contributing to HSE projects and positively challenging the status quo in an effort to influence continual HSE improvement
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with site work groups, understanding their unique HSE needs and making recommendations to guide management decisions
- With limited guidance, developing and reviewing policies, procedures and systems and offering solutions to challenging HSE issues in partnership with relevant work groups
- Contributing to a cohesive, collaborative and innovative HSE team. Providing hands on HSE practical support to operational staff and liaising with HSE Specialists when more specialist HSE support is required
- Coaching and educating staff through knowledge sharing across relevant organisational teams, utilising best practice and communities of practice to enhance the overall HSE performance
- Endorsing HSE culture and leading by example by acknowledging and promoting behaviours to enable a positive and proactive HSE culture across the business.
Primary Location: Lucas Heights, NSW
Salary: AU$82k - AU$93k plus up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other teams across HSE and specific stakeholders to build the desired culture and strong relationships, with the ability to adapt to changing environments and challenges in the interests of achieving team objectives
- Proven experience understanding stakeholder priorities as well as leveraging and contributing to HSE teams in the design, delivery and implementation of communication strategies (written and verbal – e.g training) to deliver consistent messaging across the organisation
- Extensive experience in leading and participating in ongoing knowledge transfer across HSE teams and stakeholders and providing support and direction for others in the team by coaching and supporting staff and fostering open communication and strong collaboration
- Proven ability in interpreting legislation and regulatory standards, as well as other information, to proactively identify problems and appropriately respond to issues.
For details about who to contact and for more information please view Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Relevant diploma/bachelor’s degree or work experience, in Health, Safety & Environment, Risk Management or related field
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
10:59 AEDT 12 February 2019