- Maintain and update CSIRO’s Digital Careers’ online presence.
- Promote ICT careers to school students, parents, and teachers!
- Join CSIRO - Australia's premier science and technology research organisation!
The role of Education staff in CSIRO is to support the delivery of science through the provision of effective communication and management of information, and the editorial or industry liaison service, either within or outside CSIRO, to enhance CSIRO's public image and promote its capabilities. The role may involve the storage, retrieval and protection of information. Communication and Information staff typically interact with industry groups, other government agencies, professional groups, media and the general public.
The Social Media and Project Officer will be responsible for maintaining and updating Digital Careers’ online presence, social media accounts and coordinating the delivery of a range of projects relating to the Digital Careers program. The Project Officer will work as part of a small, busy team promoting ICT careers to school students, parents, and teachers across a range of fields such as Events, Online Engagement (web, video, social media) and Internal communication.
Your duties will include
- Assist in the ongoing management of the Digital Careers and related websites and social media.
- Engagement with the Digital Careers team to assist in the development of content for the Digital Careers website including –
- Student activities and engagement tools,
- Teacher Professional Development.
- Report on outcomes of activities, events and partnerships.
- Maintain contacts in customer relationship management database.
Location: Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne
Salary: $82k - $93k plus up to 15.4% Superannuation
Tenure: Specified term until 30th June, 2020
To be successful you will need
Under CSIRO policy only those who meet all selection criteria can be appointed.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant area, such as social media and marketing and/or relevant work experience.
- Experience engaging with social media within a professional context.
- Experience in managing and developing websites to suit user requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver programs across multiple sites, engaging with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver strategies to engage with stakeholders to promote activities and events across multiple media channels.
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment, proactively collaborating and consulting with internal and external stakeholders, as well as sharing resources to accomplish objectives.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to find workable solutions to complex problems and resolve complaints using creativity, reasoning and past experienc
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday, 14th February, 2019.