- Interested in improving wellbeing and safety culture of CSIRO?
- Do you have strong knowledge of HSE legislation?
- Join the Health Safety Environment team at CSIRO!
Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) partners with all levels of the organisation, coaching and influencing to make safety personal. As the HSE Advisor, you will provide future focussed, leading-edge development and delivery of HSE programs that result in significant improvement in CSIRO’s wellbeing and safety culture. You will report to the HSE Manager and be responsible for delivering HSE services regionally, and providing technical and practical HSE support to research staff, affiliates, leadership teams, corporate citizens, operational managers, and other stakeholders. This role is focussed on delivering consistent education, training, regulatory advice and solutions to the organisation that will improve regional safety and enhance personal accountability for safety.
Your duties will include
- Support the implementation of CSIRO’s HSE strategy through the planning and delivery of priority HSE activities and initiatives, with a focus on organisational consistency across the CSIRO sites.
- Contribute to HSE projects and positively challenging the status quo in an effort to influence continual HSE improvement across the organisation.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with site work groups, understand their unique HSE needs and make recommendations to guide management decisions.
- With limited guidance, develop and review policies, procedures and systems and offer solutions to challenging HSE issues in partnership with relevant work groups.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$82K – AU$93K + up to 15.4% superannuation
To be successful you will need
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or work experience, in Health, Safety & Environment, Risk Management or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with other teams across HSE and specific stakeholders.
- The ability to adapt to changing environments and challenges in the interests of achieving team objectives.
- Proven experience understanding stakeholder priorities as well as leveraging and contributing to HSE teams in the design, delivery and implementation of communication strategies (written and verbal – e.g. training) to deliver consistent messaging across the organisation.
- Extensive experience in leading and participating in ongoing knowledge transfer across HSE teams and stakeholders and providing support and direction for others in the team by coaching and supporting staff and fostering open communication and strong collaboration.
- Proven ability in interpreting legislation and regulatory standards, as well as other information, to proactively identify problems and appropriately respond to issues.
For more information please view the Position Description.
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Thursday, 7th March, 2019