- Are you experienced in recruiting people and in need of a change?
- Do you have an understanding of the complete employee lifecycle?
- Join CSIRO – Australia’s premier science & technology research organisation
CSIRO’s Recruitment Services Team, within the Human Resources (HR) function, is currently seeking a Recruitment Advisor who will deliver on boarding services that underpin the employee lifecycle. Be a member of the broader HR Services function who provide end to end people services from issue of employment contracts, onboarding of new hires, implementation of pay variations, administration of leave, allowances and other conditions of service and payroll using SAP and other systems.
You will provide support services to welcome new people to CSIRO. As the successful applicant, you will be responsible for onboarding new staff and affiliates (Fellows, Students and Visitors) which includes the preparation of employment contracts/IP Agreements, providing visa advice and ensuring compliance with policy and pre-employment conditions. To excel in this role, you should be customer focussed and be able to provide resolution to complex queries whilst delivering onboarding services in a fast-paced environment.
Your duties will include
- Deliver prompt onboarding services with a ‘customer first’ focus ensuring new hires have the best possible start with CSIRO.
- Interpret and apply accurate policy advice to support hiring managers in appointing CSIRO staff and engaging Affiliates.
- Process both routine and complex employment and Affiliate contracts including those with Supplementary Remuneration Arrangements.
- Be inclusive, communicate openly, effectively and respectfully with all staff and clients in the interests of good business practice, collaboration and enhancement of CSIRO’s reputation.
- Work as an effective and committed team member, manage relationships and work collaboratively with your colleagues in HR and across CSIRO.
- Proactively support users in the efficient and effective use of SAP solutions (SAP HR, recruitment and onboarding) and identify ongoing process improvements.
Location: Canberra, ACT
Salary: AU$63,594 - AU$86,603 plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Tenure: Specified Term of 6 months
To be successful you will need
- Experience in Human Resources and/or recruitment, with a commitment to customer first service delivery
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to interpret policies/legislation to resolve complex customer enquiries.
- Effective communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to relate to people and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team, manage relationships and build strong networks across functions.
- Effective organisational and time management skills with flexibility to manage high volume workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of SAP, HR and/or recruitment systems.
- A National Police Check is required for the successful applicant
For details about who to contact and for more information please view the Position Description
CSIRO’s Commitment to Diversity
We’re working hard to recruit diverse people and ensure all our people feel supported to do their best work and empowered to let their ideas flourish.
Flexible Working Arrangements
We work flexibly at CSIRO, offering a range of options for how, when and where you work. Talk to us about how this role could be flexible for you. Balance
At CSIRO you can be part of helping to solve big, complex problems that make a real difference to our future. We spark off each other, learn from each other, trust each other and collaborate to achieve more than we could individually in a supportive, rewarding, inclusive and truly flexible environment.
To apply online, please provide a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability and motivation for the role.
Sunday 19 May 2019 at 11.59pm AEST.